RT @bessieviola Also, to hell w/feminism and having it all! Get me an apron!
She just Tweeted what I've been wanting to say for YEARS. :)
------------------------------------------
Hey, Atlanta is flooded! And therefore, we are also (or were) flooded, to a certain extent. I can't believe that some of the old rich homes near Peachtree Creek are the ones flooded out. The suburbs, where I live, were deluged as well. Roads are out and all the schools are closed. It's crazy. Flooding in other areas of the country (Ohio), without a hurricane association, has never registred with me. I've not understood how it works or what it really means. I don't know why. When it's far away you don't always take note. But when it rains for 4 days straight (or more? I lost count) you start to get it. When your backyard is underwater, it begins to register. Huh. This is a flood.
We're very lucky -- only our basement had, I don't know, an inch of water? -- and we've seen a couple of little water stains on the ceiling. I'm praying for the people who are in shelters today.
3 comments:
Glad y'all are not too affected. We've never been flooded at our house, but have had it happen elsewhere in town. In fact, it rained for a week here last week and some people had flooding, but not us.
LOL! I meant it too. As @SarahLena said, if that means I'm a kept woman then so be it. Where do I turn in my Working Mom card?
I've been thinking of you guys - glad you're safe and dry. Has the craziness stopped yet?
Since you posted about the floods, had to comment to say goodbye to my car. It was a great car. And it's now filled with mud and on the way to the scrap yard. Can't think about it too much. Sorry about your basement. Hope the water wasn't too damaging.
You know how I feel about "having it all."
Post a Comment