I was bogged down yesterday by a crummy mood (don't you love the word 'crummy?' it's so innocent). I drove home at lunch to eat peanut butter and jelly on squishy white bread -- for some reason it was the comfort food I craved in that moment. (With Cheeze Its and a Diet Coke w/lime.) After I ate, I curled up in a blanket on the couch for 20 minutes. It helped a bit. I wasn't tired, but I needed that "power-down" time.
Anyway, I'm writing something for work that reminded me: I want to start recording my 5 things again. I know it's cliche, but I believe that it works to change bad attitudes. So, here goes. I'm grateful...
1. for working close to home when I need a break like yesterday
2. for the rain!! we have needed it, and it made things seem cozy
3. for cooler temperatures. Such a relief after the unrelenting heat.
4. for working in an air conditioned office, even during unrelenting heat (thank goodness)
5. for my amazing Mom whose birthday was yesterday! ya-ya-ma! I'm so thankful to have her in my life.
1 comment:
You make me get all teary. The good kind of tears. xoxoxo
Post a Comment