Thursday, December 30

A transition and phase

KT-pie,

I know it's a long day away from Mama. I know it's hard to be left there in the morning when none of your friends are there yet; Makenzie-Maddie-n-Addie make everything more fun. I know you've had a week off and returning to school is always a bummer. Believe me, I know that. I know it's scary to watch Mama walk out the door and I pray you aren't wondering if I'll even come back, because I will ALWAYS come back for you, at the end of every day. (Or Daddy will, which is even better.)

I also know you love your teachers. I know you turn around 5 seconds after I'm gone to start helping pass out plates and juice, and chattering away in your "little mommy" voice, probably directing your friends which chair to sit in, and saying "We don't spill/hit/bite, okayyy?" which is so darling... So please, I beg you, stop giving me the Oscar-winning performances and pitiful, quiet tears after I take off your coat. I thought we were over that part of our lives--the guilty/sad feeling of leaving you at daycare. I'm sure it's a phase but it's been an unpleasant reminder, this week, of the very earliest days of leaving your brother and you to go to work. Do Not Like. Cut it out. (sniff)

Love,
Mama
(which you're inexplicably calling me again after at least a full year of "Mommy.")

3 comments:

ya-ya ma said...

Awwww. It's harder on you than it is on her. And it's only half a day, and then you will all be on your way to Gammy's house. Keep the faith. This, too, shall pass. xoxoxo

nicole said...

Sorry for a tough goodbye. :(

bessie.viola said...

Awww. Hugs. That's all I've got - and my sympathy, too, because I've been getting all the same drama this week. Hopefully it passes soon (for both of us)!