My special snowflake is properly diagnosed, and he's fine enough today to go to school. I didn't take his temp but he didn't feel abnormally warm like he has the last 3 days. So, Tylenol, brisk clap, you're going to school, Mister. Especially since the next 2 weeks are holidays. He's gotten smart enough to WANT to stay home "sick" now: Ferris Bueller syndrome, uh-oh. Good thing our thermometers are "instant-read" these days and he doesn't have time to dunk it into his hot chocolate while I'm not looking!
I only have 3 more days of work until my own Christmas break! Realizing this today has made me happy. I think my in-laws arrive on Wednesday next week (or maybe Tuesday), which will help with the entertaining of the kids - as will my neighbor's offer of a play-date with her son. Woo! I'll have a few additional shopping tasks to complete, and some dinner menus to stress over, but other than that, I'm looking forward to some one on one time with my Kindle. Book Club chose a very fluffy Carl Hiassen novel (Star Island), which should be Perfect. I've never read him before but it sounds like just what I need.
All that comes AFTER the Company Christmas Party this weekend, however. Ughhhhh. Do you hate your Company Christmas Party, too? No matter what, I think, they are destined to be LAME. Good thing I have a few good friends at work, and that we've made a pact that no one sits down until ALL of us have arrived. Last year I made that mistake, thinking a random table would be "A good opportunity to GET TO KNOW more people." Wrong-o. DH and I small-talked our way through about 7 minutes of our meal and then got up "for drinks" and never went back. Boring people! Also drunk and unappetizing (one couple were plotting their escape to the hotel room they'd booked, and having a dress rehearsal for what they were planning to do in said room FTLOG). Our friends finally got there and as soon as we could, the 4 of us booked it to the hotel bar. I also WILL NOT participate in the Electric Slide this year, no matter what anyone says!!
No comments:
Post a Comment