You kind-of want to dislike them for that. For commercializing everything and charging an arm and a leg for it. For playing that incessant song on the Ride That Shall Not Be Named for your earworm convenience (on the boats, with the dancing dolls). For putting Princess stuff EVERYWHERE from the time your girl babies are born, including on diapers and underwear. And for making you feel like you WANT to pay an arm and a leg when you’re there at the parks, because it’s MAGIC. They have conned you! There’s nothing magic about it, it’s just the savviest of savvy businessmen getting ready to hear the ka-ching.
But, in fact, it IS pretty magical.
KT meets Princess Aurora by running up to her and promptly telling her all the things she knows, about her friend MacKenzie, and school, and going to the fair, and cake, and Dolly… like she’s just met her BFF in person for the very first time. I cried.
And AJ, seriously committed to his appointment to the Jedi Academy at Disney Hollywood Studios. He learned his moves and especially made his Daddy proud (near to tears, I hope he doesn't mind if I mention) by fighting Darth Maul. In a Jedi robe! All I can say is CUTE! And BEWARE, Dark Side.
We had a wonderful, magical time this Thanksgiving. Thank you, Mom and Dad, and thank you, Walt Disney. I'm grateful for you, too!
1 comment:
The story about KT and Aurora is the cutest, sweetest thing EVER! I'm so glad you had fun!
Post a Comment