I've had a really hard time feeling motivated this week, at work and at home... and on the other hand, I've gotten a lot of things accomplished, too. Obviously (to me) it's partly that this is my first full week of work in a while, five L OOOOOO N G days after vacation week, July 4th week, and the bereavement week. Whiny baby, I am. And it's a quiet week at work, the first in a long time, too, with no big events to plan for. Still, even with no event, there are too many tasks and no "most important" one. I've had a "think about THIS" task on my to-do list all week and I just can't get interested enough in it to be creative. It's a "be creative" task. Ugh. The worst.
On the other hand, I've written several things I think are good and sent them off for approvals, and that feels good. I've cleaned up one website and answered ALL of my pending emails that needed answering. Drops in the bucket, Swistle would say.
At home, it's the same. While I've finally gotten the last of the kitchen boxes unpacked and put away (HOORAY!!), there are still three small ones in my bedroom that for some reason, I don't want to open. I got the kids' rooms finished for the most part (still haven't cracked open the Princess Costumes box in Kate's, as she mentioned to me yesterday, and I left a couple of 10-y-o boy JUNK-FILLED ones in Alex's, for him to go through) -- so relieved about that. Hung things on the walls, even. And, we got the living room mostly put together, books on a bookshelf! But the dining room/china cabinet and the bonus room, that I so desperately want to have as a pretty guest room and playroom combo, are nowhere near done. This weekend, I guess. Several nights, I have just flopped onto the couch and had no motivation at all. Totally lame.
This weekend, by the way, is the first weekend we won't be driving anywhere, since June 14. I may not even LEAVE the house, now that I think about it!
* * *
One fun thing about the move is that we now have some new restaurants we want Mom and Dad to try. Or, one restaurant in particular. We had eaten out so much in June (not to mention recovering from moving expenses) that we've been trying, this week and even last, NOT to eat out. But I'm itching for it. Today I rebelled -- didn't even BRING any lunch so I have no choice but to go somewhere. I brought my book, in case I can't find a lunch buddy (and kinda hope I don't).
Speaking of being a loner, yesterday I worked from home in the morning while the bug man came to spray. And let me just say how much I LOVE working from home. Especially in a new home that I still love! Man, I wish that was a regular gig for me, like it used to be (two days a week I worked from home, for about 3 years I think! Pretty sweet.) But unless something drastic changes at my current company, or unless I get drastic and go looking for something else, it isn't likely to happen. I chatted with my work-friend about it -- she who DOES work from home once a week and prevents me from doing it (IMO) -- and she said she "couldn't do it full-time." I get her point... I would definitely turn into a recluse who then got scared and intimidated if I had to go to a meeting or social event. But... I could do it half-time, for sure.
* * *
Alex comes home from camp today. It has been harder without him this week - I miss his laugh and his hugs and his conversation. Last year I remember him having withdrawal symptoms for a day or two after camp. Staring off into space. At least this year, we're prepared for it. Makes me remember "show withdrawal" from my community theater days. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment