- Friday night dinner was Alex's choice, after his long 2 weeks away from Mommy's table: Taco Night!
- Saturday morning: Haircut/color/shampoo/style for me. Glad I got started at 9:00 am so I could finish early.
- Saturday evening: Cantor at Mass, then dinner (free! thanks to a giftcard from a sweet Uncle Jim) at Applebees. I let myself coast and order whatever I wanted. Which happened to be a salad, but I also loved our Potato Twists appetizer.
- Saturday night: Kate wanted to show Alex a movie that she apparently likes a lot: "Escape from Witch Mountain." It's from 1975 and creeps me right out (when it isn't boring me), but she's watched it twice in the past week! She wanted Alex to see it, too. (He fell asleep.)
- Sunday morning: Breakfast out AGAIN! This time with both kids. Mmm, gouda grits.
- Sunday afternoon: Shopping (the whole family!) at Kohl's. Got kids a couple of things they needed, and Daddy, too.
- Sunday afternoon (later): A quick card tournament (Blink). What a fun game! Easy for everyone, and FAST. This is very good for the parental-types among us. It's over-with quickly, and then the kids went to watch Gremlins. Haha! So many GenX old movies!
- Sunday evening: Lemon-basil pasta for dinner. So yummy and summery. And the kids loved their version, and ate their broccoli, too.
*A couple of things threatened to ruin my mood. (okay, maybe they did ruin my mood over the weekend at various times). One, our upstairs AC drain pan overflowed, leaving a nice leak/hole in the master BR ceiling. Two, I was really impatient with the kids/Kate. The constant ASKING and NEEDING! Arrrrrgh! Again, my default mode with them/her seems to be "you're bothering me." I am such a work in progress and it's taking God a really long time to get through to me on this one. Three, it was hot after we turned the AC off. Four, the work is neverending. Shawn and I both feel like we can never just sit in our home and relax. There's always the guilt that we should be cleaning/fixing//laundering/doing.I want to remedy this feeling. We need and deserve to enjoy more of our life. :/
Going back up to re-read the bullet points again.
No comments:
Post a Comment