Tuesday, July 8

Ten years old

I can hardly believe this, but a little boy I know turns 10 today.


Ten years ago this hour, he was barely an hour old, in fact. I remember it still, very vividly.

Lordy, that just brought the hot tears I don't want to shed today, right up to the brims of my eyes. Choosing the category "AJ grows up" did, too.

It is - to risk over-dramatizing but also speak the absolute truth - a miracle to be a mother, and I'm so, so grateful that this boy is mine, and was my first try at motherhood. I've typed sentences and deleted them a few times, here... what to say next? I can't just list his amazing characteristics. It's not enough to put them into words, and doesn't explain at all how I feel...and it's not about me, anyway.

It just IS a wonderful, special milestone day in his life -- particularly since he's at camp, and went knowing he'd turn 10 while there, and thinking that was going to be awesome -- and I hope it's everything he hopes for. "King of the Cabin," he'll be.

I can't help myself reminiscing a little bit, and I can't wait to hug him when he comes home, ten.


 




1 comment:

ya-ya ma said...

Lovely. xoxoxo