Friday, April 22

Mind if I spruce up a little?

The place needed a pick-me-up. It's much better Pink. Brighter, bolder. Me likey.

What am I doing awake at this hour? AJ wakes up in less than 6 (especially since he went to bed at about 7:30 tonight), and therefore I Should Be Asleep. But I'm all keyed up after our rehearsal and although my eyes are sorta burning, I'm awake. Have lots of thoughts running through my head.
  • Thank you God for getting me home during the Major Thunderstorm that started as we were walking out of the church. I was directly in it the majority of the ride home. Had visions of tomorrow's concert being a really sad affair since we're performing "Lux Aeterna," part of the Requiem funeral prayer. "We deeply regret that one of our members, Soprano MySelf, was blown off the road last night after rehearsal. Evidently her eyes were burning and the pitch black of GA 120 didn't help, especially after that transformer blew at about 10:35...But all the more reason that The Show Must Go On, so that we can all sing for her Eternal Rest and Perpetual Light...sob, sob, sob."

  • Must remember to change the changing table cover (dirty) before the babysitter comes over tomorrow night, and remember to go to the grocery store and buy something for said babysitter to eat. (I always loved sitting for people who said, "Help yourself to the Stouffer's French Bread pizza in the freezer." Mmmm.)

  • My head hurts. PMS and singing for 2.5 hours. On a Friday. After work. Ow.

  • Wish that one post hadn't sparked someone to be negative in the Comments. Then again, why do I care so much what other people think? My best friend and I were discussing this the other day -- we predict (and have been told by others) that by the time we turn forty, we will cease to give a rip. That'll be better.

  • Wow, did I have a hard time at work today. Am feeling a bit useless in my job. Which is my doing, totally, but is kinda hard to deal with. Before taking the writing job, I could have been considered one of 2 things: The Boss' right-hand man, or else, his Secretary. (I prefer the former, thankyouverymuch.) Either way, he consulted with me a lot. It felt like, even though it wasn't the case, I was Quite Important. Now, he rarely comes to me for advice, or to share the "insider" secrets he knows about the company. Not that I care about being Important, but besides that, I just don't feel "central" to any of the projects going on. I feel very non-contributive. Or is it "contributory?" Whatever, it isn't good. Problem is, I'm fairly unmotivated to do anything about it. Don't know what to do about that. Hope no one notices? (Except the 2 coworkers who read this blog, of course... eeks. Hi, ladies.)

  • That one was deep. Much too much for 11:46pm on a Friday night. I'm beat. 'Night.
  • 1 comment:

    el-e-e said...

    Thank you for saying so! (Both things.)