Concert and singing updates: Everything went fine (got paid my hundred bucks for the wedding -- score!), and in truth, I'm just glad it's all finally finished. I even have the week off from Wednesday choir practice, since I'll be out of town on Sunday. After it was all said and done, I had some pretty extreme guilt about being gone most of the weekend, this one and last (it didn't help that I was pms-ing, either, and more moody than usual). My family needs to come first and this weekend, it really would have looked, to the outside observer, like music was my #1 priority. I'm still feeling a bit guilty because I'll be gone again THIS weekend, out of town (just me, not the hubby or baby).... but this is a very important occasion, and the ONLY thing important enough for me to leave town without them -- my sister's bridal shower. (Hubby assures me, by the way, that I must not obsess about the guilt. It's okay to feel it, but not to let it take the fun away from the things I'm doing. And he's right.)
So, the shower! We're so excited. Mom and I are both flying out to Sissy's to celebrate with her. We're going to "visit" her dress, and hopefully shop and do girly things. :) I'm definitely looking forward to it. I haven't seen Sis since, let's see... January! Too long! That's number one on my list of ten things I want to do before I die: Live close to Sis again. (I stole that from other people's blogs, but it's true for me, too.) I haven't finished my list but here's how it starts:
- Live close to sis -- in same town
- Be a stay at home mommy
- Grow tomatoes
- Give money to all the causes I believe in, including St. Jude's Children's Hospital and NPR
- Write something that gets read, by me, on NPR (you know, a book review or commentary)
That's it so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment