I DO NOT LIKE BUGS. I WANT TO SQUISH THIS PARTICULAR ONE, HARD, WITH MY SHOE.
He was feverish all day Tuesday, better on Wednesday and Thursday, but then on Friday he developed the weeeeeirdest manifestation of a virus that I've ever seen: skin splotches! Daycare called to ask if they could give him a little Benadryl to see if "these little spots on his face" would go down. They did, but kept reappearing all day, coming and going, on various parts of his body. Bizarre. They look like bug bites, only bigger. They only seem to itch once in a while. I called the doctor's office again and they assured me it's probably just part of the bug. Wha-huh? I've never heard of this. Anyway, they said as long as he didn't have a fever and was eating and drinking normally, all's well. Of course, it's not "all", because he LOOKS so sad and disfigured! He's had those spots on his eyelid, his ear, his legs, his widdow bottom... poor leper! :( And if by "normal" eating they mean he takes one or 4 bites of whatever I've given him to ease his cries of "EEET! EEET!" and then picks at the rest or moves it from his plate to his tray to the dog and back again, then yes, he's eating normally. Saturday he seemed fine. Meanwhile I'd gotten a cold. Lost my voice. And Saturday night we both must have passed it to Husband because he threw up and had the shivers.
Yes, yes Mr. Andy Williams, it IS the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
Sunday AJ started displaying a REALLY runny nose. And coughing. And Sunday night right before bedtime.... MORE SPOTS!! Damn you, Bug, I thought you were on your way out! I found some Aveeno oatmeal baby bath and it did the trick -- no more spots this morning. But man!! This bug actually attempts to EAT babies! Yuck!
We are desperately trying not to infect all of our friends -- deciding to skip two of the holiday parties I would actually like to attend -- and hoping that the leprosy doesn't appear on us grown-ups, at least until after we've hugged all our relatives on Christmas Day.
Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment