Some things I accomplished yesterday:
- Wielded Mop and bleach against the laundry room floor. Badly needed doing. I am all about bleaching these days.
- Cleaned all three toilets, wa-hoo.
- Washed a load of towels.
- Emptied the dishwasher, my least favorite of all chores.
And that is it. I didn't vacuum, I didn't dust. The house isn't entirely cleaned up. My theory? What reason have we to LIVE, if EVERYTHING is already done? This explains a lot about me as a person! Some people do a project start-to-finish. But me, I'm ok if the last bit remains undone, at least if there's no deadline. Lazy much? :) Laundry's the perfect example. I'm okay with washing, drying, and folding. I mean, if it's not folded then it's getting all wrinkly and unwearable and everyone knows that's no good. BUT! When it's eleven-thirty o'clock p.m., and it hurts just to BE awake, putting all the folded t-shirts and socks away goes to the bottom of my priority list. My chair is sitting there for a reason, and no one's going to sit in it overnight, so the socks will be just fine there. They can wait until tomorrow. Drives my husband out of his head.
Edited to add:
In other cleaning news, I've finally surrendered to the inevitable... I am now using something similar to
this for toy storage In Our Living Area. Ugh! Ugh! and Ugh. SO not pretty. But SO the only way to successfully manage HotWheels and Legos. I was hoping to avoid plastic-meets-pier-one, as a signature "look." But there it is.
2 comments:
Hello! I've always been a "gotta-do-it-all-now-or-it-will-make-me-crazy" person, but I've made great strides toward doing reasonable amounts and moving on. I figure it's an important skill to develop if you're planning to have kids.
You don't know how true that is. It's good you're preparing yourself!
Post a Comment