Disclaimer: There is nothing really that interesting about this post. Just your general blah, talking to myself.
I've decided I'm done with BJs Wholesale Club. I was wary before joining last year, and yesterday's trip just made me mad. I wanted Fruit Loops; they had a 3-pack with FLs, Apple Jacks, and Corn Pops. I wanted toilet paper; they carry every brand except the kind with aloe, which my darling husband would be thrilled to know I've told you he prefers. I wanted frozen chicken breasts; they carry a 4.5-pound bag or a ten-pounder, neither of which I can accommodate in my side-by-side. They've got Coke, but not caffeine-free. They've got Altoids, but not cinnamon. ARRRRRRGH. At every turn I was just ticked the hell off.
So I'm all done with you, sucky BJs. Maybe, maybe I'll consider Sam's or Costco, because perhaps their selection will be better. But until I have a family of fourteen (not! very! likely!) I don't need ya. Or your aloe-less TP, either, so there!
In my other attempt to break the bank -- oh, did I not say that? I spent $105 even as I was hating the store! Ya gotta have your diapers and your 1,000-feet of alumimun foil! -- I also went to Talbots yesterday. And they're having their semi-annual sale, [larry!] so you better go check it out. I found some good deals, and that made me happy.
Happy is a good thing. I was thinking, the other day, about how much I actually, genuinely smile in a typical day. Not enough, that is for certain. Oh, yes, I smile at AJ -- plenty of happy in that department -- but otherwise? Um... not really. I used to be labeled "Bubbly," but THAT seems so far from the truth lately that it's really hilarious in itself. Except... not laughing. I just read about laughter yoga and I'm pretty intrigued. Evidently, you can cause all kinds of health and inner harmony by getting together with a bunch of strangers, walking around in a circle, and repeating,
"I don't know why I'm laughing. Ha. Ha. Ha. I don't know why I'm laughing."
I tried this yesterday in the car (not the walking around in a circle part), after my annoying Wholesale Club experience. I did the exercise By Myself, which just shows you how intent I am on Bringing the Joy! And I did end up actually laughing, but mostly because it felt so ridiculous and pathetic. Maybe that's entirely the point. There's a laughter-yoga group in my area... Might be kinda cool, you know? It'd be like Tai Chi, only funnier. :) Anyone want to join me?
Bubbly. Heh.
1 comment:
Ive definitely had my eye on a double handle leather handbag ever since they were $138 but now they are only $39!!!! Only three colors left...dont know which one to get:)
I think the green! Thanks for thinking of me! Hope you got some fun stuff! Wish we could have had a lunch and shopping day together! Oh, so now we are thinking maybe Nashville...thats not too far from you is it?
Post a Comment