Technically I no longer have what you'd call "a baby." He is a Big Boy. A Toddler. A KID.
But it's not going to stop me from doing a "baby" meme. Linda posted this cute one. Thanks, Linda! Wanna be my friend? No seriously. I heart you and your uber-funny.
3 Things That Scare AJ:
-- The Blender. I'm not sure if it's the sound it emits when crunching up ice, or the idea that his parents are actually going to be drinking margaritas, possibly dancing wildly, that scares him. (Okay, that last part is made up. Pleeease. We hardly ever get drunk for kicks anymore. We go straight to "passed out.")
-- Umbrellas. I actually love this. He is scared of my little, precious, girly-turquoise umbrella. It's gotten better as he gets older -- he doesn't cry anymore when he sees it folded up -- but if I hold him with me, when it's raining, under the umbrella? He clings like a little suction-fish. Then he tells me "It way-nee outhide, Mama." I'm sorry you're scared, Baby, but That. Is. Adorable.
-- Sometimes, Napoleon will come rushing around the corner if, for example, we find his Squeaker and give it a single audible squeeze. Four furry limbs and tail akimbo, everybody watch out! AJ jumps to me eyes wide going, "Mama! Mama!" Can't say I blame him. 65 pounds of dog CAN be a little scary.
3 People Who Make Him Laugh:
-- Me! I am the family's supreme goofball and can prod a giggle out of him with faces and noises. "Squeeeeeeeeeeze!" seems to be the favorite, lately.
-- Uncle Teddy. Even when Uncle Teddy is not around, AJ laughs about him and his "Bah-bah-bah." (In a nice way.)
-- Napoleon wins again in this category. AJ loves to hear him bark, to hug him and watch him try to wriggle away, to pat him and watch him writhe around on the floor... Nap is the last coming standing at our house.
3 Things He Loves:
-- "The Three Little Kittens." (you know, who lost their mittens)
-- Erase! We got a dry-erase-slash-chalkboard easel for his birthday, and the best part to him is the eraser. He goes real fast, like he's in such a big hurry.
-- Blue's Clues.
3 Things He Hates:
-- When I DARE to push the DVD-player's buttons. "I wan'do id MY-LEL!!"
-- When I even dream of drying his freshly-washed hands FOR him. "I wan'do it MY-LEL!!"
-- (are you seeing the theme?)
3 Things He Doesn't Understand:
-- That when Mama or Daddy says "no," NO MEANS NO. But when AJ says it, it means, "Oh you just THINK you're going to talk to Mama that way."
-- That holding hands in parking lots or on the street is REQUIRED BY LAW.
-- That pens are not for babies. Toddlers. Whatever.
3 Things On His Changing Table:
-- Well first, should he even HAVE a changing table anymore at age 2? I'm waffling about this. I think it's time to move it out -- as we inch ever closer to full-time potty training -- especially since he seems to hate it. On the other hand, Mama doesn't want to push him to grow up too fast (my heart!), and the table is also better for my aching back, rather than crouching on the floor... And if we move it out, we might as well graduate from the crib, too... but back to the question. One: Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Which is rarely used anymore but in which I delight when he says, "Boo-doh!" My little Cajun.
-- Baby finger-nail clippers.
-- Johnson&Johnson Lavender Baby Bedtime Lotion. Nectar of the gods.
3 Things He's Doing Right Now:
-- Probably fending off Meghan, Official Biter of the Early 2s Classroom. (We had a biting incident last week where AJ got a Boo-Boo Report!)
-- Actually, I think he's in Circle Time right now, impressing his teacher by knowing colors like "gray" and "light purple." I can't check on him because we don't have Day-Care Cam, which is a bummer. I would be GLUED to Day-Care Cam.
-- Actually, I don't know WHAT he's doing since I'm not with him. Don't make me go there, I might cry. :(
3 Things He Can Do:
-- Ask NICELY to get down from his high chair. ("Peees I get out?")
-- Wield a bubble-gun. He is The Duke in a bubble-gun Mexican stand-off.
-- Climb into his car seat unassisted. I know! He's amazing!
3 Ways to Describe His Personality:
-- Independent.
-- Sensitive.
-- Two.
3 Things He Can't Do (yet):
-- Mow the lawn.
-- Rent a car or buy beer. Thank God.
-- Use his imagination. I can't wait 'til he can make up characters and play games like "Battle of the Forts" or "Store," or maybe "Star Wars."
3 Absolute Favorite Foods:
-- Red beans and rice
-- Froot Loops
-- Free cookies from the Publix bakery lady
3 Things He'd Like to Learn:
-- How to get his way!
-- How to count all the way to infinity! He is up to 12, and LOVES to count!
-- How to be perfect and charming like his Mama. (wink)
3 Beverages He Drinks Regularly:
-- V8 Fusion. (Red Juice!) It's pretty tasty, but with sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, strawberries, and bananas, that stuff will fill you up so watch out.
-- Chokky milk.
-- Anything that is NOT plain water. I can't get this kid to drink water to save his life.
Strange to end on the beverage question, no? But I didn't write it. If you want to play, too, let me know in comments! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment