Wow, it was nice to "work" in the same town I live in, Monday and Tuesday. I came home for lunch! And had time to spare before going back. It's a world I've almost never known.
On the other hand, it also feels good to be back in my normal routine today; I got to actually come to my office. And commute, in the rain. And get a latte. Sometimes it's the little things. Not that I LIKE my commute, it's just familiar. I feel anchored. The last 2 days I've felt very loose -- untethered to anything. I've wondered how my coworkers and bosses feel about my having to serve jury duty, right after a few days' vacation, right after being away most of August (or so it seems) for funerals. Of course if I hadn't gone to jury duty I guess they -- and I -- would feel worse when I was arrested. But it's just strange, being so disconnected.
Of course leave it to me to try and make it MEEEEEAN something. (Like, maybe it's a hint from the Universe that working closer to home would be nice? And I should REALLLLY think hard about that?) I said as much to my sister and she better have rolled her eyes. I NEED to have eyes rolled at me. I'm always trying to find meaning in the little things, and sometimes there just. isn't. any. It's life. It's just the daily stuff. Jury duty? Well everyone gets snagged one time or another, big deal. I just need to put one foot in front of the other today, and not Think about it all so damn much.
- - - - - -
Working world tidbit
I heard a great workplace story on the way in this morning, and it made me laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment