I am falling apart. My left elbow and my right knee are both on the fritz. Not to the point of limping or garishly joinking my arm out to the side, in and out, in and out -- although, imagine that walking down the street for a minute. You know you're laughing at my pitiful state! But it IS to the point of Huuuuuuuuurrting. And you know how I like to whiiiiiiiiiine.
I can't hold my left hand palm-up when it is fully extended without pain.
(No, it doesn't hurt any other time but that, unless I am trying to stretch and therefore rotating my hand back and forth. But isn't that how YOU beg the Universe for money? Hand out, palm up? That's how *I* do it. Up shut. I was a cheerleader, after all: arms fully extended in Classic "T" position is something I do, sometimes. UP shut, again! So I like to revisit my cheerleading days sometimes, big deal! The husband digs it, what can I say?)
Also? My knee -- and excuse me while I shiver just a little, because knee injuries of any sort give me the absolute WILLIES, the *eyes roll back in head,* the bwwwweeeehcch! SQUICKS -- my right kneecap is now generating this adorable CRUNCHING sound when, for example, I'm trying to casually tone the glutes by taking stairs 2 at a time. There are particles of something in there, and they're grinding. NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD, HELLO!! It hurts mostly going down the stairs, but it is unpleasant (to my ears) going up.
What do you think, should I see a doctor about these things? Or maybe just take an Advil, cut out the "We-Got-Spirit-How-'Bout-YOU!"s, and suck it up, acknowledging my ripe old age of thirty-two?
2 comments:
Coming from someone who had double knee surgery at the ripe age of 17, if the knee pain persists for more than a day or two, please go see a doc. Don't let it go on too much or you could cause something worse.
Hmmm. Here's my very nonprofessional opinion. I think the elbow pain will go away if you baby it, although it might take a while. I got "tennis elbow" bad while playing, of all things, tennis, and it finally disappeared and hasn't come back. As for the knee, it could be the first sign of some damaged cartilage, or maybe just some swelling is pushing things around -- neither is going to cause you problems if you want to hold out for a few weeks and see if it resolves itself. But, Stacie's right, I would get the knee checked out eventually if it doesn't get better. D's got all "clicky and crunchy" for a month after he slid too hard into a base, and it's doing fine now.
Post a Comment