Wednesday, November 15

138.5

One of my new daily reads, Mel, calls this "dieting naked." Putting the ACTUAL NUMBER out there for all to see. You'll notice, perhaps, that it has gone down again, from the last time I gave an official count. This is slow-going, but nevertheless, a victory. Begone, 1.5 more pounds!

I was about ready to give up 2 days ago. Was sick of the Halloween sabotage -- because we STILL have a Ziploc's worth of mini chocolate bars -- was sick of the feeling of failure as the scale stayed firmly at 139.5 -- was sick of logging calories and having to log "chips and salsa" AGAIN, because I sometimes just can't resist 'em... But a loss of even 1 pound can make you feel better again. Motivated.

I'll tell you something: I am not very fat. Thanks to having a husband who knows what to say when I'm looking in the mirror with my head cocked to the side, wondering, I know I don't HAVE to be doing this. However, with a height of 5'1", my position on this chart could certainly be improved. So that's what I'm working toward. Better habits. More control. I think a lot about society, and the kinds of jobs we all have now, versus the kinds of jobs people had up until this modern age, and how we've got to MOVE ON PURPOSE since we don't by default anymore. It must be funny to the ancestors looking down on us from heaven. Washing clothes with a washboard, hanging them on a line, rolling out pie crust dough, carrying cast-iron pots to the well water spigot, walking over to the shed to get a few onions... all that worked just fine, back in the day! Now we don't do any of that stuff and it shows. So we rack up our 30 minutes and use our dumbbells (wonder if the name is significant? It's DUMB that we had to create weights to push up and down, in order to use the muscles in our bodies!) and we steam our broccoli. It's all good.

Want to get healthier? Here, start with my favorite resources.
http://fitday.com/
WebMD Diet/Nutrition boards (I post on the 10-25 pounds one -- it just helps to have a community to share the ups and downs)
Great recipes! I may have to subscribe to this next year.

------

I went to my annual doctor's appointment yesterday and let me tell you, being in there brought on all kinds of memories of weekly visits. It made my ovaries tingle a little. Waaaaant. And I'm babysitting a teensy infant tonight. Just so you know. (to heck with getting skinny, what I really want is to get fat!) :)

7 comments:

Krissy said...

BABY BABY BABY.

I am familiar.

I'm mighty weightier than you, but at the Poopyhands Weightloss Junction I've been on Weight Watchers for a bit (am now in my third week) and doing pretty darned good.

Good for you for shouting it out loud. I will never, ever weigh 138. My bones weigh 138.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just wanted to chime in that I have always been at the VERY TOP of the "healthy weight" charts, and you know that I'm actually pretty thin (although that's not easy for me to say out loud)! My pre-preg weight was 148, and I'm 5 feet 5 and a half inches. I'm also gaining more in this pregnancy than the books say is okay, but I should be used to ignoring what the books say about weight! Just so you know! But way to go on the exercising and stuff! (Hope you get "fatter" soon! :)

el-e-e said...

krissy! so good to see you! how's your mom doing?

sdw! you're gorgeous! that baby is thanking you for feeding it properly. Books, schmooks. :)

Gina Wieboldt said...

yeah, I actually find that posting the weight(the REAL one) does make you make feel a little more accountable. Now, I know for me, I feel a little less like cheating because it is "out there" in cyberspace for all the world(or whoever cares to read it) to see.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

A friend introduced me to someone today and mentioned that I take spinning classes at the Y and the new person looked at me and said, "That's why you're thin!" I'm 44 years old and I don't think I ever could have imagined that anyone would describe me as thin!

I lost 30 pounds earlier this year and am what I consider a healthy 140 at 5' 5"...and am wearing single digit size jeans! I'm all about the clothing fit...and less about the number on the scale.

Krissy said...

Thanks EELE, for asking about my Mom. She's really doing amazingly incredibly well. I'm going to post an update at Speckblog today.

It's unreal.

My goal weight is 165. Seriously, once I get below 160 people start asking me worridly if I'm eating. 160 is about as low as I can possibly go and not look too thin. I have broad shoulders, long limbs, and broad hips, a gigantic head and big boobs. My feet alone are weighty.

Luckily I married a big guy, so I don't walk through life feeling like a collosus.

Melodee said...

Hey, thanks for the link! I appreciate it!