Today I hopped over to one of the first blogs I ever discovered -- everyone say hello to the darling Summa Mamas -- Hello! -- and took a quick run down their long and distinguished blogroll. Catholic blogroll, y'understand. This is where I often go when I need a good dose of canonical instruction via the Internet. Lo! (to use a Biblical term) There I appeared, ON the list!
And then my face turned a little bit red.
I am so NOT devout. I'm honored to be on their list, but a little embarrassed if any of their other regulars come here and read me... literally, ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ad nauseum. (At least I do know a little Latin, heh.) Some of my favorite posts certainly happen when I get really inspired by the love of the Holy Spirit, which can come into your life and just positively SURROUND you, if you let it.... but there's been precious little of that here lately. I haven't taken any time to look or listen for it. I guess my excuse is that there has been a lot going on. And when you set weight-loss goals like I have this last month or so, a lot of times that trumps all other endeavors because it REQUIRES so much time and energy. I'm not trying to become a diet-blog, just trying to share my feelings about it... Not to mention work, household nonsense, and those all important MEMES! But when isn't there "a lot going on?" Like Gilda said, "It's always something."
Anyway, there is more to me than counting calories and making wish-lists. In the spirit of being more open to the Divine Uplift, I've claimed this blog for kindness. (See it down there on the right? I'm a big kid now, I have a badge!) I also hope to share more goodness here. To seek it out, and witness it. It's there, in the world... you just have to make it your business to see it. I haven't combed the archives so I can't promise that everything I've ever written here has been kind... but going forward it will be. It's the right way to be. It's a start.
(Thankfully, a bit of snark is still allowed. I looked it up. Hee.)
1 comment:
You are kind enough to be almost abnormal. Something to strive for -- abnormalness.
Post a Comment