Monday, November 6

Shopping in my basement

Yesterday I went on a brief shopping tear, looking for two things: new Thanksgivingy home decor, and jeans for AJ. I found none, and none, but when I got home I was in the basement putting away the Halloween knicky-knacks and lo and behold! I found a box labeled "2T-3T Fall/Winter."

larry, I love you. Thank you for having 3 boys before me. I now have a solid base of long-sleeved shirts, a couple of pairs of denim overalls that fit, about 4 more warm jammies than we had before, and more. I had completely forgotten this box existed.

Wish I had one for me! But this means there's more money in the budget for my winter wardrobe. Which is good because the sweater I'm wearing this morning is positively 3 years old and becoming an embarrassment.

* * * * *

So the dieting thing can be such a delicate freaking balance. I've been counting calories now for 3 weeks (this is the start of the 4th), and though I've slipped up on occassion, overall I've been within the range of 1 pound should be coming off each week. However, there's very little change on my bathroom scale. BIG changes in my attitude and definitely making exercise a habit, which are successes. And I know not to focus on the numbers. But dammit, if I'm sacrificing Ro*tel dip, I'd sure as heck like a little measurable reward out of it. So I'm readjusting today, lowering my intake by about 100 calories. Hopefully that will help. Also? Halloween candy is The Sly Enemy, just so you know. Hopefully my sealing it in a plastic bag and locking it in a dark closet will shut it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3T summer heading your way end of the week! I am so glad I can be of service. However, I sure am glad you will still be shopping (just for you!) because I can NOT be responsible for depriving a girl of the need to shop!

A big amen to the "would like to some measureable rewards for my sacrifices"!!!!!!!

Love you!