Thursday, March 1

Thursday Thirteen #9


13 things I did yesterday

1. Made my own coffee before leaving the house, i.e., programmed the coffee maker the night before. It's been a while since I've done that (Starbuck's gift cards in-hand, thank you Mom)!

2. Dropped AJ off at daycare, and heard him tell me, "Go bye-bye, Mama." As in, the imperative case. Hmph!

3. Exported a whole bunch of data (names/email addresses) and made Excel spreadsheets.

4. Ate a lunch of ham-n-cheese sandwich, baked Lays, a V8, and a 6-oz Diet Coke. And some Wheat Thins.

5. Doodled myself through a somewhat annoying meeting with a red Sharpie.

6. Probably made an ass of myself by loyally agreeing with my manager during the meeting, then rolling my eyes about him afterwards, with my coworkers.

7. Picked up a graphic design magazine from my mailbox, but then didn't even open its plastic wrapper.

8. Played tee-ball for 3 and a half minutes with AJ, when we got home. (I'm trying to teach him to run to "first base" after he hits it. So cute!)

9. Refused to let him have a Scooby-doo fruit snack. But gave in on juice at 5:30pm.

10. Got irritated with hubby because when AJ was playing with his trains, Thomas and Percy were about to crash, and hubby nearly yelled at AJ to try and stop the crash from happening. He was all, "AJ! No, go GET the train... Arrrghhh..." I then raised my voice with hubby to say, "DUDE, THAT is HOW HE LEARNS." It kills me. Hubby thinks that play is better when it's perfect. Clean. Orderly. Play is not about 'perfect.'

11. Apologized later. Half-heartedly.

12. Dispensed Little Noses saline spray. We seem to be having trouble breathing. Stinking weather. Warm, cold, low pressure, high pressure.

13. Started a new book. A light read that I'm not particularly interested in. It's the first of a trilogy, but I read the 3rd about a year ago.

13 comments:

Becky said...

I have just recently discovered the wonderful world of Starbucks (and the only one we have in town is IN Target, and so, so far out of my way)but oh so worth the extra time and distance.

Leah said...

What a healthy lunch and snacks.
I sat through a 1 hour meeting yesterday and almost fell asleep.
Kids definitely need to explore. I guess your hubby was just excited with the play.

Chelle said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Laurence said...

Wow... a new book !!! I love that activity ! :-)

Happy T13 !!! :-)

Sparky Duck said...

Play is supposed to be rough tumble and muddy.

At least you were loyal and didnt roll your eyes during the meeting.

I love Ocean Saline Spray!

Tink said...

Interesting to peek into your daily life, even if only for a day. You were busy!
My TT shows a lot of pics of my two kittens growing up.

Robin said...

Doodling has saved me from many a deadly meeting. That, and reading blogs through conference calls...

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical Mom type day. My son is into Thomas, too, and he likes the crashes, too. I say let 'em crash!

My TT is up all about today!

Crystal said...

Mmm I love baked lays. Thanks for the craving. ;)

Busy day you had! I hope you have a pleasant weekend.

Lexa Roséan said...

busy day :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I was in that meeting and my only thought was I wished I could be more like you. Obviously, the only route to happiness in that meeting was to loyally agree. My route -- to say to my manager "you don't have to be mean about it" -- was SO not a productive one!

Crystal said...

Hi, I'm pretty sure you can sign up for the party anytime during the week. :) I hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by.

Judy said...

Saw your comment at Crystal's and wanted to stop in and say hello to a fellow Georgian. Hope you didn't get any real bad weather last night. :-)