Bought more itty-boy underwear (SO. CUTE. ON HIS WIDDLE. BODDOM). Target had Diego, which made someone I know VERY happy. They sadly did not have Sponge Bob in his size, however. Also, a decision has been made by me: we will wear underwear in school (and continue doing GREAT! keeping it dry all day). When we get home, we will put on a PullUp, because someone I know still can't fathom pooping in the potty, even though he did it once last week with great success. And someone gets really upset when he has accidents. Small steps are fine with me.
(Part of the reason I'm anxious is SCHOOL, obviously. In the 3-year-old class, they're supposed to be trained, see. It's not just me, hurrying him for the sake of hurrying. But whatever. If he's doing fine AT school, that's all they need to know.)
And that concludes my talking about the potty. I swear.
Let's talk about the POWER of PRETEND. Last night, ohmyheavenlyDAYS we were having an off night about the bath! AJ was not pleased about having to take one. He was fine right up until time to get undressed, then all of a sudden, not pleased. I hate forcing him into the bath, or to do anything, really, when he's having a fit. SO! I took a little lesson from this book*, and probably countless others, and PRETENDED that Miss Green Dolphin, one of our bathtime friends, was hoping AJ would get in the tub and play with her. She whispered to me, about AJ, and I responded to her that "Yes, AJ was kinda sad tonight." When she cooed in her (my) high-pitched little coo-y voice, someone couldn't help but quiet down to see what she was saying about him. Ahhh, I gotcha, kiddo! Miss Dolphin then offered AJ a little kiss on the cheek. He fell all over her! Why, AJ would be HAPPY to bathe you, Miss Green Dolphin! And den we will go wimming, would dat be fun?
And the heavens opened and angels sang, and bathtime was delightful.
*Let me just say for the record that I think the majority of the ideas in this particular book are kiiiinda wacky. However! I bought it during a week of hellish daily tantrums, and if this one gem of an idea has worked one time? Probably worth the $9.99.
4 comments:
You continue the potty talk all you want. Its just fine with me.
And $9.99 is SO worth the peace it bought you! On the occasion that Grant wanted "no bath!" he was easily lured by the promise of a few ice cubes to play with/melt in the tub. Weird? probabaly, but it worked every single time.
Oh, and, as for "Today's State of Mind" was it anyone I'd know?
I'm not really self-centric enough to think I know all of your old friends, was just curious is all.
No, someone I used to work with. :) But you'd like her.
Aw! So sweet! I'll be turning to D., the imagination/story-tellin wizard in our house, at times like those! Way to go on the underwear decision! You're a great mom!
Post a Comment