Thursday, September 11

At Least this Fresca is Yummy (Black Cherry)

I am in a bit of a work-induced MOOD today, so how about a bulleted list of items of intrigue? HOW 'BOUT.

1. Does anyone actually BUY the pizza-flavored Goldfish? I ask rhetorically but also, seriously... do you buy them? ...would I like them? I'm kind-of embarrassed to admit that I'm curious. Of course I've already tried the pretzel ones, and they are beyond dry. They're so dry, "I'd have to pry myself to SPIT." (hattip: Texas, the musical).

2. JUST when I feel like I'm all synced up, work is clicking, I have just the right number of extra-curricular activities that I feel fulfilled but not busy, and calm enough that I start contemplating Having People Over for Dinner -- not planning, just thinking, "Hey, we're in a good rhythm, I bet we could manage it one weekend soon..." BLAM. That freelance project I thought was dead in the water resurfaces, the Archdiocesan Choir sends out next season's rehearsal schedule (do I want to participate or don't I?), and I see Halloween candy in the front of Publix. HALLOWEEN, Y'ALL. We have to start preparing for THAT again.

3. Project Runway is definitely a good show. Even when it's pretty pathetic, LIKE THIS SEASON, it's still good. But last night was just pure schlock. Bringing back the Auf'd contestants? LAME. The badly lit planetarium where we, the viewers, couldn't even SEE the garments? LAME-O. Terry's and Keith's cat-fighting? SO LAME. I'll tell you, she has had some great confessional one-liners, but last night I couldn't believe her attitude. Grow up, girl. Ditto Kenely.

Well, this has quickly devolved into a bitch-fest of my own. I thought doing yoga a little while ago had cleared my whine, but apparently not.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I love being in a good home/work rhythm. It doesn't happen often, though!

I haven't tried the pizza flavored goldfish. I have tried the pizza flavored pringle stix and they're...meh. I agree about the pretzel ones being dry. They remind of the communion wafers that stick to the roof of your mouth.

Mandy said...

1. I have looked at those goldfish since it is one of the five things collin will actually eat and I think "I bet they are messy" .. like the seasoning/flavor will get all over his hands = all over my house/car, etc .... not that this has anything with me, an adult who knows how to use a napkin ...so to answer your question (finally) no, I dont buy them.

2.I had halloween candy in my buggy at target yesterday and then took it all out .... also, I have looked online for costumes for collin .. FINALLY I decided that halloween wont start till after his birthday on the 18th BUT I am excited to get all of our fall stuff out of the attic... and PS, you are a GRAET dinner host

3. I keep dvr'ing PR ... I finally saw the episode where Stella lost ... I LOVED her accent, it actually made me a little sad to see her go

nicole said...

I am so jealous you get to watch Project Runway. I can't wait for it to make the move to Lifetime so I can watch too.

Procrastamom said...

Black Cherry Fresca exists?!! Gosh, you Americans have everything (pout). I have tried the pizza flavoured goldfish because my kids BEGGED for them...and then of course, they didn't like them. I thought they were okay, but nothing memorable.

MaryB said...

I like pizza goldfish. The boys do also.

Black cherry fresca is my friend heidi's fav, while mine is the peach.

Skiplovey said...

yeah it's it crazy how precarious the schedule is that one tiny little freelance project can throw balance out the window and replace it with utter chaos?

Black Cherry Fresca? Where can I find that?

Anonymous said...

HATE Kennelly. I kinda like her headbands, but HER MOUTH. GAH. I agree on the Lame assessment, with the exception of the drag queen challenge which was TRES AWESOME.

Also- pizza-flavored Goldfish? I just threw up a little.

Anonymous said...

I know, WHAT was that, re: Project Runway? I mean, what was the point of bringing back the auf'd contestants. (Except for making some not so good matches and therefore ensuing drama, of course I'm still a little puzzled about that. Also, you can choose THEIR sign or YOURS. Just too much wiggle room. I like it when PR is much more Nazi-ish. You will not sleep! You have 4 hours! Tis impossible, but shut your trap!

As for Halloween candy - I will resist as long as possible. I'm trying to do better here with the whole sugar intake issue, and so I close my eyes and sing LA LA LA when I have to walk by the aisle at glorious, beautiful Kroger.