Friday, September 19

Limitations and the pity thereof

I'm chatting with my sister in Facebook right now, as I type this. Isn't chat so fun? I LURVH it. I chat on AIM/iChat, Facebook, and gChat. I remember telnet-ing back in the olden days of 1995, though, on a blue screen and all. I used it to talk with Maryb, and she talked to her future husband, so far away was he, at the Citadel. I even think the three of us chatted together sometimes. Hee hee!! MEMMMM-REES.

So my week has been an EPIC FAIL in the area of healthy eating. EPIC. I can't say that enough. EP.IC. FAIL. I ate Fairy Tale Brownies, MB's Apple Cake via my neighbors who visited an apple farm, banana bread (I had to make it so as not to waste the bananas, dontchaknow), and what else? Chips and salsa. And, oh right, we went out for Mexican last Sunday and I practically licked the cheese enchilada platter clean. I hate myself for doing that kind of crap, and sabotaging any efforts at weight loss thus far (I've gained back 2.5 pounds of the six I had lost since having KT baby), but I swear. I feel like especially in lean economic times it's so MEAN to ourselves to limit everything damn thing. Limit spending. Limit fat. Limit sugar. Limit white bread products. Limit REAL COCA-COLA. I hate it! I would like to just live normally, please. (What's that? Broccoli is normal? NOT IN MY BOOK.) It's so hard to resist the easy, yummiest foods.

And yet I have done Jillian Michaels' workout #1 twice this week, which kicks my bootie in a good way and makes me kinda want to do it again, and more. (Totally jumped on the bandwagon there, as everyone -- well, Sundry -- was talking about J.M. I'm a follower ... of good suggestions.) I guess I'm breaking even health-wise, although it doesn't feel that way. It feels like I'm not doing it well at all.

Working out makes my knees really hurt. I don't know if I'm just old and need to continue working to build up my thigh muscles to protect the knees, or if I need to buy some shoe inserts, or if I really should go see a doctor. My knees hurt when I try to run in place, for example. Jumping jacks? Fine. Running? OW.

And my FEET hurt. Holy cowsicles, when I wake up in the morning it's as if I've had them bound all night. They work themselves out after a time, but I walk like concrete at 5:45 am. I realized the other day that I'm very bad to stand on the sides of my feet, especially the right foot, instead of distributing weight evenly in the middle. That's a habit that I think started during childhood. So I've been trying to be aware of that and fix it. I've also been avoiding high heels for 2 weeks to see if that helps, but come on. LIMIT PRETTY SHOES, TOO?

6 comments:

MaryB said...

Telnet---Hahahahaha! So old school! Yet, back then no one knew what the hell we were doing excpet for the computer science peeps. Well, thats us, always ahead of the times. Um, yeah, right (cough).

Damn my SIL, your ATL cousin, for turning me on to the Fairytales.

Hope the apple cake was yummy, lest I feeel as though I have led you astray in both taste and calorie counting. I'd feel less guilty if the Kcals were worth it.

Happy weekend! Oh, and, in solidarity, I have now consumed an entire box of Good n' Plenty's.

Julie said...

Noooo! Not pretty shoes!!!!

In solidarity with you and maryb, I have consumed 10 Hershey's miniatures this afternoon while sitting at my desk blog surfing...er, working. :)

Madame Queen said...

You know, I have found that sometimes I have to fall WAY off the weight loss wagon before I can get back on. That's kind of where I am right now. I've lost almost 12 pounds on WW, but I'm pretty sure I will have gained when I go on Monday.

I love gChat, too, but sometimes I feel like it keeps me from getting my work done! I feel so guilty when I chat.

Anonymous said...

cowsicles!! hahahahahaha!
NOOOOO on limiting pretty shoes! I love people who wear pretty shoes all the time. I can't ever justify buying pretty shoes, only practical ones, so I am in perpetual envy of the pretty shoe people. do not limit!

Anonymous said...

It must be the time of year. I've gained several pounds myself. Ugh.

nicole said...

Get some new shoes! I had knee pain when running, but got better shoes and it helped. Also, stretching before and after any running helps me. Go to an actual running store, have the sales person watch you walk and/or run on a treadmill (if they have one) and try on several pairs of shoes. It is worth the cash.

You'll get back on the wagon with the food. Don't beat yourself up about it. And I think chips and salsa are not too bad for you.