Tuesday, September 30

Trader Tuesdays: Healthy Chocolate Candy Bites

My Mom and Dad showed up 2 weekends ago with a little Ziploc baggie of these awesome chocolate bites. My TOTAL DIET WEAKNESS is wanting just a bite (or 4) of something sweet after a meal. These make me feel better because they have cholesterol-lowering Cheerios, anti-oxidants-rich dark chocolate, and protein-filled walnuts! And fruit! They're like, the perfect food!


Healthy Chocolate Candy Bites

15 oz dark chocolate for baking/candy-making (NOT semi-sweet choc chips, I tried them and they're not as good. Go for Ghiardelli or something similar)

1.5 C. Cheerios

1/2 C. chopped walnuts

1 C. dried cherries


Melt chocolate over low heat, or in a double-boiler. Add other ingredients and stir to coat. Drop by small spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool. Store in airtight container -- in the fridge works best. Can also freeze them to save for later.

Thanks, Mom! Hope you don't mind I shared!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

wow!! love this .. thanks el-e-e's mom;)

do you get the dried cherries by where the raisins are in the grocery store?

MaryB said...

You, my friend, win the top recipe of the week award!!! This is PER-FECT!!!!

Healthy chocolate!

I wonder what the cal/fat differences are between walnuts and pistachios....goignt ohave to research that. I have a thing about cherries and pistachios...

Unknown said...

that sounds soooo yummy

Anonymous said...

If I were blogging, I would have submitted this one myself. :-) Glad you liked it enough to share. BTW, I love Trader Tuesdays; so many good recipes!