I liked that picture enough to make it my profile pic. Have been nursing a love-hate relationship with photos of myself lately, changing my Facebook profile picture again and again, but also wanting more pictures of me with the kids (seems I'm always behind the camera instead of in front). Not to mention pics of me with the Hubs -- oh, when you're first together and don't have kids, you snap, snap, snap love-dove pictures of yourselves. "Cute couple," people say. Yeah. Well, THAT goes out the window once you have the cuddly little people around! I would really like someone to take pictures of me and DH together, smiling. To remind me that we DO SMILE TOGETHER once in a while. Perhaps with some half-empty beer bottles in the foreground? :)
The end of this week has kind-of kicked my butt in the parenting department; nothing huge, just the typical boundary struggles with a four-year-old. He doens't WANT to wear socks. He doens't WANT to turn off the TV. He doens't WANT a story. No WAIT, REEEEEEAD STOOOOORIES, WAAAAAH. (I'm spelling "doesn't" wrong because that is exactly how he pronounces it. Dun-sent.) The whole thing makes me mentally tired; I'd like to run away to a quiet corner of the bookstore. I would even take DH with me; he's quiet. We could sit criss-cross-applesauce on the floor and flip through books and magazines until closing time. Doesn't that sound divine? Hm, where's the babysitter's number?
I have to talk (vainly) about my hair. For one thing, I have finally decided I like the cut. It's a bit longer than I usually wear it. I've gotten some compliments lately and that always helps, but for ONCE in the last few years, it seems to be cut really well, where it falls correctly. Yes, I have to blow it dry, which seems to take too long for a busy working mom. But when I do, it lays perfectly straight and even 'swings' a little bit, making me feel somewhat sassy. I like feeling sassy. The one complaint I have about my hair is that it feels coarser to me. Is that a factor of getting old, or just from frying it with all-over-color?
I plan to haul a bunch of junk to the Goodwill drop-off location this weekend (including maternity clothes and AJ's crib bedding). Or wait: should I save it for my sister-in-law, who keeps saying she wants to be pregnant within a year? Well, crap, there goes that. So now what should I do this weekend? What're you doing?
5 comments:
I think feeling good about your hair makes everything better! I've been scraping the bottom of the parenting barell this week, too. I have a few hours to myself tonight while the kids are at church and am looking forward to recharging. Have a great weekend!
I agree more couple pictures please!!!!
and dude we have the same thing with collin ... no I dont want that .. ok, now I do, no I dont, yes I do .. also, I have firmly decided that he either doesnt understand english or is deaf
and good for you on your hair .. I love happy hair stories .. seriously, maybe its because of my own hair struggles???
here is how I feel about keeping baby stuff ... either I give it to them NOW whether pregnant or not OR I goodwill it ..plus, I am 300% certain that when my SIL gets knocked up my inlaws will buy them everything they need with no guilt trip .. but, that is my issue I must get over!!!
weekend = Hanna watch and getting ready for above mention inlaws coming to our house on thursday
OH and I would LOVE to see a picture of you and your DH in the bookstore sitting criss cross applesauce!!!!
It is a totally cute picture of you! And your hair looks swingy-sassy. love it.
I'm baking. And eating.
My hair was definitely coarser after I colored it.
When we went to Dollywood a while back I asked my husband to please take a picture of me to prove that I was actually on the trip too, but somehow it still didn't happen. I do like your new picture, though!
A quiet moment alone in a bookstore? What's that? It does sound like heaven though.
Post a Comment