Head over to Conversion Diary to meet Jen. She's fab. :)
---1---
You should SEE the number of leaves in our yard. We have giant poplar and sycamore trees all over our property and DANG but they produce a mess in the fall. My dear husband plans to tackle that tomorrow (with the mulch setting on the mower), bless his soul. I'm sorry, honey. I'll keep the Gatorade coming.
---2---
I finally figured out who Kristen Stewart is. You know, the one who looks all nonplussed but is supposedly burning-hot-in-love with the vampire guy? ...The movie? The current hype-machine? Oh, if you don't know, Google it... I've been seeing the commercials and thinking she was vaguely familiar... but she's the sister from Zathura! Lisa! Somehow AJ watched that movie on TV a year or so ago, and because it had one scene with a maniacal, giant robot, he declared it "his robot movie" And then somehow it ended up in our DVD collection. Hmm. Anyway, she is LISA to me. My husband has heard me talk about how everyone's reading the Twilight series, and he doesn't understand why I'm not interested. ...I just don't get the vampire genre. (He should know that by seeing also: BLADE.) I tried to read an Anne Rice novel once and never could get into it. I saw the Tom Cruise movie... total snore.
---3---
Today I'm missing AJ's Thanksgiving Day Pre-K luncheon, and that is sucky. DH gets to go, since he works close by. In the olden days when I could work from home.... oh, sorry. I'm not going to get all negative right here on Pre-K Thanksgiving. I made my Granny's "Waldorf Salad" for AJ's contribution. It's a time-honored tradition on my Dad's side of the family... and also a bit of a family joke. I think everyone must have one of these recipes: Great-Aunt Someone's Jello Mold, Mrs. X's soupy Squash Cassrole... right? Ours is Waldorf Salad, made with apples, celery, nuts, a mayonnaise dressing, and mini-marshmallows. Yeah. My dear Uncle proudly carries on his mother's tradition and makes a big bowl of it every year, and it usually goes home with him, largely untouched. So sad. (I plan to eat a big serving this year, if just to make him feel good.) Anyway, I made it for AJ with the tiniest amount of mayo, extra marshmallows, and no celery or nuts. He did some quality assurance with me this morning and declared it GREAT. :)
---4---
30Rock30Rock30Rock30Rock30Rock. It's the only fun thing on television anymore. Even The Office is getting less funny to me, in comparison. (I HATE when Michael's mean to Toby. I like poor Toby.) But 30 Rock. I have the biggest TV-show-crush on that show. I want to kiss is and MARRY it.
---5---
Here's a funny little anecdote. KT is crawling, right? And she's gotten really good at it. When her Daddy gets home, she gets that motor running, to get to him as fast as she can! So cute! Well, located in that same area where DH enters the house every afternoon are Napoleon's food and water. Today I set KT up on the living room floor, turned my back for 30 seconds to start putting my lunch in a bag, and next thing you know I heard crunching. "KT!" I called, "Where are you, baby?" ...Of course. She was eating dog food. Had a piece in her mouth and didn't even look like she was going to spit it out, like she does Cheerios. Ha hahahahahahaaha no. Ew.
---6---
Anybody know if Starbucks is losing money yet? Everywhere, I read of people giving up their daily Sbux. Tightening of the belts, and all. I have, too. (Mine wasn't daily, but still.) I'm so curious if they're noticing, behind the cappucino machine.
---7---
Just about everyone at work has decided to take off the rest of this month. Our company has an assinine "use 'em or lose 'em" vacation days policy. (I, of course, used all of mine for maternity leave earlier this year.) Yesterday was skeletal crew, today looks to also be skeletal crew, and next week, I may well be the only one here at all. At least that's what it feels like. Guess I'll get to choose what music is blasting from my computer. Maybe choral. Maybe I'll sing along. It might be awesome.
6 comments:
#6 - that's so funny, I was just noticing/wondering the same thing!
Thanks for participating!
KT eating dog food, bwahahahaha!!
yes, SB is losing money. They have closed over 600 locations with more to come. Cutting back hours and increasing prices.
and not that I drink SB, but I live with two coffee lovers so ...
I love being in the office by myself. I get so much done when it's quiet!
I caved and read the Twilight books and now am obsessed. I am pathetic.
I'm not a coffee drinker so I haven't kept up with SB. Now, if Sonic ever closed? That would get my attention!
I totally agree with you on the 30 Rock/Office comparison. The Office is just making me uncomfortable these days. 30 Rock just makes me laugh.
I just saw my first episode of 30Rock last night. Pretty funny! Enjoy #7 - if you're the only employee there, I'd say the dress code no longer applies, so go in your pjs :) As for Starbucks, I live 1.5 hours South of you and our Starbucks have seen an increase in sales lately - crazy.
Post a Comment