Are You There, God? It's Me, Lee. Could you possibly DIAL DOWN the sick just a little bit? It's been, let me think... I guess about 6 weeks of an unwell KT now. There was ear infection #1, then ear infection #2, probably a little teething in between, and now The Great Tummy and Cold Virus of Late '08 (never mind my own cold, it barely counts), complete with mucus drainage and the terrible horking of large volumes of warm formula ON MOMMY'S PRETTY NEW SWEATER LAST NIGHT OMG.. Oh. My... was I shouting just there? Sorry about that, God. Just... consider my request. Mkay? Thanks. Later.
************
I have been thinking that all my (4) lovely readers are probably staying occupied during this drought in my own posting by the wonderful people who've signed up for NaBloPoMo. Right? (Is anyone we know doing NaBloPoMo?) And then I was thinking, it's obviously too late for me to sign up for that gig, but I have half a month I could use to kick-start myself back into blogging gear. And I think that'd be good. I do miss having something to say. So I think I'm going to institute Na-HO-BloPoMo (Nat'l HALF-OF Blog Post Month) here on my own site and try to post once a day 'til December first. Surprise! I once declared I'd never ever sign up for something like this, and that was probably wise since this time of year is STRESS-TASTIC for me, but... never mind that. I'm going to do it, and it's going to be fun, and WHEEE! Here we go!
I'm excited about Thanksgiving, are you? Mostly because.... drumroll, please... I have made it to my goal pre-pregnancy weight! Nine months on, nine months off, just like They said! Wooo hooo! Yee-haw! I haven't been exercising the last 2 weeks (SHAME), but I also haven't been eating a lot (see above: SICK), but whatever. My scale says 1-mrfljsomething-2, and that's what I've wanted it to say since February. Now for these last ten pounds... Right after turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce and PIE. I plan to enjoy Thanksgiving in a reasonable way (sort of reasonable), and then right back on track through December.
Maryb and I were chatting about PIE last night. I love neither pumpkin nor pecan. My Aunt, however, is making both for our Thanksgiving dessert table. My Mom makes a pumpkin creme pie, which I like better, but what about the glories of cherry pie? Chocolate pie?! And also, hail our American Excess! We hardly need three pies for the group of 9 of us, two of which -- my two kids -- don't even EAT pie. The greatness of our nation, right there.
6 comments:
Awesome on the weight loss! I love pumpkin pie and apple pie and plan to eat both. And then borrow my parents' gym pass and run on the treadmill the very next day. :) Looking forward to reading your daily posts.
Yay, I'll be reading every day! Seriously about the sick -- HATE seeing that little nose running and hearing the big gulps when trying to breathe and swallow at the same time. Poor babies! And poor you -- six weeks, holy cow. I also agree about pumpkin and pecan, though large dollops of whipped or ice cream help tremendously.
Kudos to you!!!!
I moring on the 9 months on/6 years to take it off plan...
Pie...other than that I cant remember much of what you said..pie...whats wrong with your kids...no pie?? Aunt Maryb needs to set them straight...what kind of southern boy doesnt love PIE?
dude, sorry about all the sick ...
also, my friend Alexis over at Marching Through the Wilderness is doign NaBlo----whateveritis-Mo
good for you for trying do it the rest of the month .. I have been missing you lately;)
yay on the weightloss!!
mmm pie:)
I don't like pumpkin or pecan, either. Cherry, though---MMMMMMmmmmm.
Congrats on the weight loss!
Post a Comment