Wednesday, July 22

Good lunch hours

-- Walking across a Midtown street, on a 75-degree spring day, to a little park with a fountain, with your sweetie. He brings the sandwiches, you bring the chips and drinks. (Years ago, before DH was my "H.")

-- Driving home since you only work 7 miles away, patting the doggie, making a yummy sandwich or burrito, and watching a little noon-time news or BravoTV for 40 minutes. (Less often than I'd like - I somehow forget about this option.)

-- Driving home and eating, then cleaning a bathroom or vacuuming the bedrooms. (Not fun, but sometimes necessary.)

-- Going to the mall which is only 1 mile away; finding great shoes at Payless for next-to-nothing, picking up a sandwich, sniffing some stuff at Bath & Body, not to mention getting a "walk" in because you parked at the wrong mall entrance for Payless. YESSSS! (Last week.)

-- Being asked to lunch with a friendly coworker, and trying a new taco place that has patio seating. (Monday.)

-- Taking a 15 minute walk around the pond behind the office building, then going back in, heating up lunch, and reading a Philippa Gregory novel for 45 minutes while eating. (Yesterday.)


P.S. I don't include a lunchtime trip to Target in this list because 1 hour never seems long enough to peruse all the different sections of Target. Even when I have a focused objective and go there? It's never quite long enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those sorts of lunch hours! Before we bought our house, I was just 7 miles from home. Those were the days - DH and I could meet at home for lunch, or I could run home and clean or get dinner started in the crock pot.

Sounds like you have lots of options where you are now. Fun!

nicole said...

My lunch break is what I miss most from my working days. We got 1.5 hour lunch breaks. I would sometimes come home and nap (was pregnant virtually the entire time I worked). A lot of times I would take my book and walk to a nearby local food joint and sit and eat and read in peace.