Friday, July 10

Two, 4, 6, 8, How do we Procrast-in-ate?

BLOG POST! BLOG POST! YAAAAAAY, BLOGS!

I'm supposed to be writing a white paper. My first. On a medicalish topic which I know very little about. Isn't that fun! Wheee! Wikipedia, here I come.

I would much rather talk about Nothing in this text box than about Something in that one. So...

-- My new cardio program is called "Running the Fire Stairs at my Office 4 Times a Day." I'm aiming for 5 minutes each time and it works out to almost that much. Currently going down and back up twice (I'm located on the 4th floor) definitely gets my heart pumping. The first time down, I'll walk back up 2-at-a-time. The second trip, I'll jog up 1-at-a-time. I never wanted to be one of THOSE people who had to workout by "taking the stairs" and "parking farther away," but hey, whatever it takes. I can't seem to motivate for a damn 20-minute session at home, so this will have to do until I get tired of it. (Or until tonight, when AJ gets his birthday present -- a Wii! Note his bedtime is at EIGHT SHARP.)

It's kinda fun, really, and clandestine and all. I just go after I get up for a bathroom break. I hate not wearing supportive shoes, but oh well. Hopefully my knees will manage.

-- KT's latest thing is wearing hats. Last night we had her all souped up in a backwards ballcap, with a string of mardi gras beads around her neck. She was all, "WHAT UP, YO?" It was cracking us up.

-- AJ's latest thing... I don't really want to talk about his latest thing. The word "bratty" has come into play. It's unpleasant.

-- KT's not all sunshine and rainbows either. I think the 16-month-stage was really tough with AJ, too, as in: CLING FEST. She wannnnnts MAAAA MAAAA. She's funny when she gets mad, too -- she goes over to our fridge and SWIPES! all the alphabet magnets harshly onto the floor. SO THERE!

-- Home life's been a little nuts, is what I'm saying. These kids are both WILD MONKEYS.

6 comments:

nicole said...

Butterfly has been going through a similar stage. She's all cool with Daddy or whoever if I am not in sight, but if she can see me, she wants me. It seems to be diminishing though, thank goodness. And I just took a picture of her last night in a backwards ball cap. :)

Anonymous said...

HA! Love the KT tantrum with the magnets. We've been experiencing the same thing with Madeline - not the magnets, but the hissy fits. Hand her a toy she doesn't want? Suddenly she's lying on the floor, beating her fists and kicking her feet at the great injustices of the world.

I suppose I should do something about that, but... it's a bit hilarious, really.

Also, picture evidence of the hats please!! :)

Tess said...

I LOVE that fire stairs thing! I DO! Wish we had stairs here. Stair workouts are just so...EFFICIENT, ya know?

Lee said...

Tess, of course you love the fire stairs, now that you have a hot fire MAN you can imagine carrying you down. ;)

(but the workout's good, too)

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh out loud. The alphabet magnets -- that's funny. Ha Ha.

Mandy said...

yay on the wii!!!!

and dude we've got bratty over here too ... and I have no idea who to handle it!!!