Thursday, December 30

2010, All Summed Up

Okay, fine. I'm a sucker for a blogging prompt as evidenced by '09 and '08. I'm also bored at work. I do have some tasks, but... aykm? On Dec 30? Forget it. So here is my 2010 review:

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Hmm. Started going to the office at 6:30 am. And had an honest-to-goodness White Christmas.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Skip.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nicole! Her 6th! She is amazing. Also my neighbors next-door, across the street, and next-door in the cube! But those 3 are 'close' in proximity only.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Oh, come on.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Lottery winnings.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I think June, because it was the first time AJ went to his grandparents' house all by himself for a week. :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think making Flex-Time work for us was a big achievement. It's not always easy, but it satisfies one of my wishes, which is to be a little bit more present for AJ as he tackles school and homework and such.


9. What was your biggest failure?
After a decent start in the spring, and even a good idea in the fall, I let my motivation to exercise completely deflate to zero. I've got to reboot, again, in that department. FRICKINFRACKIN.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only minor ones, I guess. That one weird stomach bug during a T-ball game that made me faint and put me down for at least 2 days, in the bed! And asthma returned to my life in November, which is not cool. It's died down for the last few weeks but I should probably look into the better management of that. I.E., get myself to a doctor.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
New inhaler? No, I think all the Christmas presents we bought this year were well received. Kids and adults, alike. We did good!

12. Where did most of your money go?
We replaced one of 2 AC units in our house, so that was a big chunk, and we had to pay for Puppy's surgery, but other than that we didn't have gigantic expenses this year, thank goodness.

13. What did you get really excited about?
The Spring T-ball playoffs were such fun, and I got very excited about our trip to North Carolina in the fall. I'm about to get excited about a new car purchase!

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
The Phineas and Ferb theme song, I'm sure. Lovers in Japan by Coldplay. The choral Christmas album my sister sent me was really magical for me this year, most especially Veni Redemptor Gentium.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or Sadder: Equally happy
Thinner or Fatter: Fatter
Richer or Poorer: Richer, I think. All my new oil money, heh.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I'm torn because I want to say, "Having friends over." But I'm a homebody and recluse, too. I see other people having little parties -- I attend them -- and I think, "I should do something like this." I need to have our across the street neighbors over very soon, for dinner, and our T-ball buddies as well. So, fine: there are 2 resolutions for 2011.

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Aiming bad feelings toward my next door neighbors. But they're SOOOOOO annoying. Sigh. I can't win - I don't WANT to dislike them, but it's oh so satisfying.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
See here.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family. And even Cougartown!

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Loved The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and loved The Host by Stephanie Meyer. (Hey, another thing to love about the Kindle is it helps you 'remember' what you read during the year!)

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Already answered that above, I think.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Finally saw Little Miss Sunshine, which I liked a lot. Saw the Twilight series, and enjoyed sharing that with DH. Still haven't seen HP and the Deathly Hallows, if you can believe. Sad about that. Oh, and I mentioned the Princess and the Frog yesterday! We saw a lot this year compared to years before!

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 36 in June. We had pizza dinner at Vincent's, a cute little restaurant nearby, and then cake with a candle at home afterwards. It was lovely!

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? All in all, I think it WAS pretty satisfying. Just the lottery winnings, thanks.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? About the same, heh. Pretty bad, heh. Needs Improvement. I did buy one sweater dress and tights that I love.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
This is life. Life is messy. Just ride along and try not to worry. I feel like that's how I got through this busy, but normal year. Just ride along. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. :)

4 comments:

Tess said...

You are SKIPPING the resolutions? WHAT IS THIS? I'll expect more on First Monday. Ahem.

Happy New Year!!

nicole said...

Hardly amazing, but thanks. :)

I also failed in a big way on the exercise. But, Husband bought me a shirt for Christmas, in what I thought would be right size, but is too small. So, motivation right there! Plus, maybe L.A. in August! So more motivation.

I can't believe you haven't seen HP. It is excellent.

Happy New Year friend!

bessie.viola said...

Oh, I love these lists and seeing what people were up to, all summed up neatly - and yours was fantastic. Loved the last answer... I may have to print that one out!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I love "Oh, come on." Hee, hee. I should probably try to sum up my year. I'm running along fast without much contemplation right now, but I'm mostly happy, so that's okay.