I’m in a grumpy mood, for, um…. lunar reasons, as well as my kids being growly monsters to me this morning, AND S’bux not having Christmas Blend available to drink, only to purchase as beans or grounds. Boo. I wanted to taste that today and feel cheery.
In an attempt to turn the tides, let me now talk about Things I Like. Nicole suggested I do this, as did my Darling Husband, because then my Christmas wishes would be out there for the people who need to see them. I have an Amazon wish list, but every time I go to ‘shop’ for my own list, I start feeling overwhelmed and unable to focus. For some reason writing down What I Like in a Word document is easier.
I like Wine. Swistle suggested this as a gift for people who don’t want anything, and I agreed with her! It’s slightly expensive-ish, but when you’re trying to develop a wine project, it’s an investment, am I right?? I'm concerned about delivery - someone said they ship "Signature required," and I'm never home. But I like the idea of a 3-month subscription, delivering 1 Red/1 White, every other month. (Seems rude to get so specific. I want I want I want.)
I like wine glasses (but not my cobalt blue ones). I want some stemless ones, even though they’re not “in” anymore, according to my home décor and entertaining sources. Our “thing” this year has been Netflix and wine, when we remember it and I’m not half-dead-asleep on the couch on a weekend night, and it’s uncomfortable to hold a stemmed glass when you’re trying to snuggle under a blanket in the dark.
I like Purses. I love purses, in fact. I haven't bought as many this year as usual. I've never had a Vera Bradley (and this one's on sale), so it would be a fun, new look for me. And naturally I like Coach, but they are not in a very jolly price range so I wouldn't ask anybody to buy one for me. Still, fun to look!
I like Jewelery. I say this every year, but I can never have enough new earrings. When you wear an accessory every day, it’s nice to have plenty to rotate around, you know? Even cheap ones from Target are a welcome gift for me, because I rarely buy myself new ones (except I DID buy a pair the other day, on clearance, and that was FUN)! I prefer silver as a general rule, but gold is making a comeback and I don’t have anything NEW in gold. I need a long, bangly necklace of some sort (cheap), too.
I like Coffee. My Mom always gets me Starbucks gift cards and I LURVH her for that. But coffees for my home use, or VIA instant flavored packets, would be rilly cute in a stocking! A friend has been giving me her Vanilla Gevalia coffee, and it’s delicious. Really, any pretty flavored coffee gift set would suit me just fine.
I am surprised to find I like Aprons. It's the one Amazon browsing success I've had. They seem to be making a comeback, and my husband will tell you that I am a MESS in the kitchen. I’ve ruined plenty of white blouses while cooking spaghetti. Dumb. One apron that I think is cute is this one at C&B. (Aside: I love red. It’s been my favorite color since childhood. Is that odd? Never changes. None of the other colors in the rainbow sparkle, for me, like red.) I also totally love this one, even though it is decidedly NOT red.
Can’t you just see me, decked out in my apron, with new silver earrings, and a stemless glass of red wine in-hand while I cook? Me too.
6 comments:
If you like Coach bags, check out this site:
http://www.pointingtrade.com/coach-coach-handbags-c-981_998_999.html
I haven't actually bought anything (you need to buy $299 to get free shipping and I haven't spent the time to do it). A family member says she and her co-workers join together and place big orders.
Coach bags are all $32.50..
Laura
Love the last apron!
Do post a photo if you receive those gifts! I can picture it in my head - cute.
And lunar stuff. Gah. I never write about it, but man, it's a hideous thing to endure.
I try to picture myself wearing an apron and sipping wine while I cook, but somehow in my mind's eye, I keep tripping over a munchkin. LOL
Anthropolgie aprons!!!
I saw (and now suddenly I think I might have put it in the same post) (eh, too lazy to look) that Starbucks also has monthly subscription things: I think they send two different bags of coffee a month. That would be so fun and yum.
Post a Comment