Yesterday was a busy one, and different; I met Shan at the office for some work we couldn't do from home (printing a mailing on letterhead that had been delivered to us there). It was nice to see friends, but I did feel weird about being with other people. We worked about 3 hours, then went to lunch - took it to go, sat outside.
Adrianna comes over in the afternoons. We haven't invited her, I mean - she just comes over and rings the doorbell. I still don't feel great about it. On Day 3, we all went on a hike together (except Alex, who was in the middle of clarinet recordings). We continue reading that "this is not the time for playdates!" but... I know the kids are bored, and I know the mom next door needs a break sometimes - they also have an 18-month old. Still, I don't like it and don't really want to host Adrianna every single day of this 2-week stint. But there's no nice way to say that, especially now that I've already allowed it to happen. They play outside a good bit, but also inside. I don't know. Probably someday soon the governor WILL order people to stay at home, like California has just done, and then it will be a given (I hope). I think sometimes Adrianna leaves the house without asking her mom. :/
What we've eaten:
All the usual stuff. Kate made pasta for her lunch yet again yesterday (I was at the office or I'd have stopped her). It's fine, it's fine, and yet... save the stuff that will keep, child. Today we should get a Hello Fresh box and i'm happy about that. But tonight we plan to order and pickup from Chili's. I guess to support them? I'm not exactly sure - Shawn's driving that. I guess that means Alex, at least, will eat meat, even though it's Lent. We're all forgetting about Lent. I'm eating cookies and not feeling guilt. Comfort food. Bah.
Activities:
Yesterday Kate had a poem as one of her assignments, and she complained like it was a 12-page math packet. I would have LOVED to have a whole day to work on a poem! (I think my dream job is POET.) But she just wanted it DONE. It was so odd to me, that she fought against that.
We've played some frisbee in the backyard (already getting mosquito bites from it, though, gah), and Kate took another walk with the neighbors. On Day 3 I think, we had lunch on the front porch, which was fun. Reminded me of days off when they were little.
How we feel:
Stress is showing itself in different ways. Mine is that I can't do all the housework and the work-work that needs doing. When I WFH for a day, I can tell myself I don't HAVE to do any housework. But home for a full week, that feeling starts to fade and the house looks a mess with all of us here. There was a small fight (and a large tantrum) about butter (we don't have much, and someone wanted to use it up to make Oreo truffles). Shawn is shopping at Costco with a coworker today and is instructed to look for it. I'm looking forward to stuffing envelopes today, finishing a movie, and sitting outside with my laptop for a while. My back still hurts, but I am trying to workout (already at 165 minutes for this week, if I include the hike, which I do even though it was slow). My wrists also hurt - the laptop keyboard isn't as ergonomically correct as the regular erg keyboard at the office. Boo for that. Oh, also, cat allergies are a little more apparent when you're at home with the cats all day. One reason I'll be outside more today.
It sounds like a lot of complaints, but we're healthy, we're fine, we now have MEATS because I braved WalMart yesterday. I feel much better, grocery-wise. And I had good phone chats with Mom and Dad yesterday.
So, happy weekend. I am eager to take a break from actual work-work, clean some surfaces, play some Uno, enjoy some wine, and just chill.
1 comment:
Our Bishop in Pittsburgh dispensed Catholics in the diocese from the obligation to abstain from meat on Lenten Fridays with the exception of Good Friday.
This seemed a little unnecessary to me.
Post a Comment