** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *
Tip: Next time you go to an event like the circus in downtown Atlanta, on a weekend, try to pick a weekend when downtown isn't ALSO being used by thousands of glitter-makeup-y young cheerleaders at the "National Cheer & Dance Competition" and THIRDLY occupied by gazillions of stlyists attending the "Some Such or Other National HAIR SHOW." It will be too crowded downtown with shuttle buses and crazies. And you'll end up having to jump out of the car, 18 minutes before curtain, with your toddler in arms, leaving your husband to fend for himself with the parking hawkers, and hoof it across 5 blocks of stand-still traffic in sketchy downtown, up 2 flights of stairs, around the corner to the arena entrance, up 2 escalators (still holding your toddler, mind you, so you don't lose him!), then down the stairs (while your unsteady legs are shaking after all that, what was that? Exercise??) to your seat. And then you might not even be in the right seats. Oh yeah, and it will be raining and 29 degrees.
But you'll enjoy the circus just the same. (AJ, too.) You'll thank me for this tip later, I promise. One last thing, be sure to bring Fruit Loops. (Thankfully, we did.)
** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *
DUUUUUUUDE!
** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *
It would be nice if a certain work colleague would RETURN my email about a certain thing I asked him on THURSDAY. Instead he's going to wait until our Tuesday meeting when he can discuss the thing with me in front of everybody and make me feel foolish, which he does just about every time I bring these things to him. Certain W. Rrrr.
** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *
You'd never believe me if I told you about the drama going on in my church choir. It's not about music, even, it's about 1 person's attempt to overthrow the director. Notice I said CHURCH choir. We wouldn't even know each other if it weren't for JESUS and LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and FORGIVENESS and all that jazz. One phrase alone, which was spoken BY A GROWN WOMAN this past weekend -- a grown woman who has 3 teenage daughters, you understand (hello, role model) -- should be enough to explain to you the
Ready?
Wait for it...
"....I thought you were my Friend!"
Did you hear that thud? That was my jaw hitting the floor. Probably in shock after not hearing those words SINCE HIGH SCHOOL. It is SUPER ridiculous around here, folks. Super. Ridiculous. I'm embarrassed that I even had to witness it. Thank GOD I wasn't a central part of it. Sunday morning was all hasty phone calls and "did she call you, too?" and "are you going?" and "I can't believe..." it is just a bunch of crap.
It required me to go shopping all afternoon yesterday, to rid my mind of it. :)
4 comments:
Dude - your whole post cracked me up! I think some of it was not meant to be humorous, but laugh I did. I especially love laughing at "chic-drama" happening AT CHURCH!
... but the drama was worth it for the shopping spree: Talbot's. (and Old Navy for jeans) Missed you immensely!
My church is not immune to similar dramatic episodes-I'm both sorry for you and very amused. Be very glad you weren't a part of the phone calls. I think I'm usually the topic of the phone calls. I tend to deal with such drama with a well-timed eye roll and a Charlie Brown-esque "Oh good grief." At least you got some good retail therapy out of the experience.
Dude, I have such issues with the Tuesday meeting. I mean ... okay, I just stopped myself. No need bring detailed work problems into the blog. But I think I have to learn not to even mention in the group setting things that I don't want to be hashed out there. Way to go on going to the circus!
Post a Comment