Thursday, February 9

bblllllahhhh.

This is just one of those days where I'd rather be doing anything than this. I want to be on a beach sipping a fruity drink. Or at the spa, getting my nails done. Or at Starbuck's, reading. Or, let's see... in a looooong yoga class. On a porch swing. At the movies.

I'm kinda missing Mr. Fussy-Pants, too. Despite his new name. The kid is making STATEMENTS about what he wants and doesn't want, sheesh! Tantrum City. Today's after-school activity is going to Walgreen's to buy some interesting new items to put in his special "only while Mommy makes dinner" shoebox. I wrapped it up real nicely so he'll get excited about it. In theory.

This is normal development this is normal this is normal. But... how to DEAL with it?! I'm developing a long list of battle strategies which I will share with you in my next post.

On the other hand, I'm extra-proud of him today because, drumroll please... he tinkled in the potty last night for the first time! How cool is that? *flicker, flicker* What's that? A light at the end of his diaper-pail??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Previous post response: That's so cool about Sugarland. I do love them. I tried to watch some of the Grammys last night, but I didn't make it far.

Hey, I've been having that "I'd rather be doing ANYTHING else" feeling for, oh, two weeks? I'm sure it's not true that I'd rather be doing anything else. I'll try to imagine myself shoveling boulders or spreading tar, and maybe this will get a little better. Maybe. What's the deal? Perhaps we should discuss this sometime.

Just had the performance review. At least Terry was nice. And apologetic about Tuesday, which was very nice. He said we're all great. So true, huh?!

el-e-e said...

Awww, that's nice he said that. And re: "anywhere but here"...? yeah, I'd be willing to discuss. :) I wonder if it's just that we've all been here so. darn. long?!