Thursday, February 16

Recently added

Can I tell you how much I love my iPod? A LOT. Right now I'm adding Cave In, the whole "Antenna" album. A minute ago I was adding several songs from The Church, hubby's favorite band of all time. (Who've kinda grown on me, too.) I can't wait to recreate a mix CD -- now a "playlist" -- that he made for me back when we were dating. :) In a minute, I've got John Denver's Greatest Hits to add. Hee hee. I have lived my entire life listening to that album and couldn't live without it, I don't think. A week ago I downloaded "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head." That's Burt Bacharach, people, and I LIKE it! And later I'll be adding some Foo Fighters, some Dixie Chicks, some 10,000 Maniacs... it's just fun to gather up all of my very favorite music.

I should get to work, of course.

I'm reading Jodi Piccoult's "My Sister's Keeper." It's a hard one to swallow, because it illustrates in great detail my greatest fear. (Don't want to spoil it for you, but it's about a family who experiences something utterly lifechanging and tragic. There's a twist in this story that makes it even more heartbreaking for the mother. And of course, there's dysfunction.) But it's very well-written, and a nice change after some of the drivel I've read lately. It's at the point where I want to do nothing but read it 'til it's finished. Too bad.

Because I should get to work.

Guess what? We're going to the CIRCUS on Saturday! I'm so excited. I haven't been in years. I can't WAIT for AJ to see real live a-vees. He will freak out, in a good way I hope. I bet he'll notice when they poo-poo -- always a funny/awkward moment at the circus. You're watching them be amazing, stand on each others' backs, raising their trunks in all their circus-trick glory, and then in the back of the line, something not very pretty happens. You can't NOT see it. Heh. Such a let-down. They're supposed to be all magnificent, and then it turns out, they POOP. BIG poop. "Ewww," has become AJ's word for animal poo-poo, and he wouldn't know about that except Napoleon sometimes goes in just the wrong spot in the yard, and I have to warn AJ not to step in it. Which never helps -- I've spent more time digging poop out of the bottoms of his shoes than I ever could have imagined. This is something they definitely don't tell you about when you say "I'd like to have a baby." But I digress! The Circus! Will have clowns! And Tigers! And music and popcorn and balloons. I hope he'll be able to stand all the excitement. I'm just happy he'll be getting to do something fun -- a real, ticketed family activity. I've been wanting to do something like this forever -- the zoo, or the new GA Aquarium, or the Barney Live! show -- but we just haven't managed it yet. And little kids deserve treats like that once in a while, even if they're too young to remember them. My first memory of the circus is very, very faint, but I know my Granddaddy was there, and I got a little wallet with a lion on it, and we sat really close to the front, enough that the clowns came up to us at one point in the show. :) I was scared of them at the time, but it's such a warm, glowy memory that I don't mind anymore.

No comments: