You take it for granted that you're going to get a full night's sleep, after the baby's turned a year old, or two. But I'm here to tell you: Not Always The Case. He woke me up at 2:50. Must have been a bad dream but I'm a little extra-jumpy since the night before, he was spitting up. So I hear one cough and I'm THERE. Thankfully last night, he seemed fine -- but then, my over-active brain wouldn't turn back off.
Aside: I blame my husband! He's gotten me into this, and I think now I have an over-functioning pre-frontal cortex! My brain age is currently 20, by the way. The BEST brain age you can have. So I rock! But, I also don't sleep.
Anyway, I lay there with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song -- or one of the seventeen showstoppers permanently embedded -- on continuous loop. 'Til four a.m. I know I should have turned on the light and read a book or something, but I was determined that in just another minute, I'd get comfortable.
Oh well. This is what coffee is for.
We had some significant cooking victories last night -- DH made me dinner, for one (Yay! Who has the best husband? I do I do!), and I made AJ some soup out of NOTHING! Well, not nothing -- egg noodles and chicken broth and a few spices. But it was tasty! I totally would have eaten it! Too bad I didn't have any canned carrots to throw in there, but he slurped it all down. Finally? Peach Jello. You forget how good Jello really is, you know?
(Now you're thinking: Brain? Noodles? Jello? Coincidence?.... Oh yes, it's gonna be a great day.)
3 comments:
Did he do the dishes too???
Hooray for soup! I confess, it's the main reason I love cold weather.
I feel for you with the insomnia thing. My brain feels like it's on a hamster wheel some nights. Ugh! Wishing you a deep, peaceful sleep tonight. (Either that or enough alcohol that you won't care.)
A functioning prefrontal cortex, huh? We may have to talk about your taking over PerPlus. Somebody with a working brain should be taking care of it!
Post a Comment