I was desperately looking for a writing prompt or a fun meme to do this morning, to get my brain working here before I have to prep for a conference call and another meeting later. I found nothing. What's the deal? Is the Internet taking a day off?? Instead, I will share with you six random things about me today.
1. I found my list. (A 3x5" memo that had mine and hubby's Chrismtas wish lists** jotted down in pencil. Was worried that it had been thrown away and that all the things I WANT would never be recalled again!) It was in my jacket pocket. This is what happens when you only need a jacket once a week or so.
2. My nose runneth over. I can't get control of my sinus cavity these days. I take Claritin or Sudafed every day, and still... sniffly-snufly. It's worst from about 4:30 am 'til I wake up. Miserable.
3. Yesterday I did Pilates again and today I am .... NOT sore! not one bit! Perhaps this means the muscles are developing, hooray! Or perhaps it means I did not FEEL THE adequate percentage of BURN.
4. Afternoon shopping at Target can be made EVEN BETTER (hard to believe) if I get a Toffee Nut Latte and AJ gets a Snack-Size M&Ms to enjoy during the trip.
5. My friend Ann keeps trying to push her 13-year-old daughter on me for a babysitter. I'm being Nervous First-Time Mom, (still! 2 years later) and refusing her. Does that make me irrational, or smart? The girl, to be fair, has a 1.5-year-old brother, so I'm sure she's well-trained. She's also taken some sort of YMCA babysitter certification. In truth, she's probably better qualified than me. But I don't know.
6. I'm wearing a bright orange turtleneck, cream-colored pants, and black shoes/belt, and my hair is not following orders this morning.
**btw, Sis, Mom... it's TIME. :)
1 comment:
I would try the babysitter, especially if it's your friend's daughter. My daughter has been babysitting since she was 11 and she is now 13. The sad fact in the places I've lived is that once kids reach 15 or 16, they have a social life and they don't want to babysit. In my experience too, younger babysitters actually play with your child. I have also loved having boy babysitters.
If you aren't comfortable going full tilt on it, ask her to come over some Saturday morning and be your "Mother's Helper". You can do something indulgent like paint your toenails or read a book while your child gets used to the sitter. Then if you decide to use her when you actually go out, make sure a neighbor close by will be at home just in case.
Pretty soon you will be doing what my friend did one Friday when her babysitter canceled at the last minute...driving up to the middle school bus stop and yelling out the car window, "Hey, do any of you guys babysit?"
I remember one 12 year old sitter assuring me that she had completed the Red Cross certification and knew CPR and I told her she was probably better qualified to take care of my kids than I am!
Post a Comment