(anyone get the Broadway musical reference? (one of my favorites) ...anyone?)
I have to admit I got a teensy bit wistful as they wheeled the Old Craptastic out the back door. It was the oven that baked my very first turkey as a wife and mother. Awww. The one where I boiled baby's bottles. (Once.) Other than that? ...nothin'. Take it away, boys!
The new stove rests peacefully, stainlessly, in its new home. I'm sure you're all THRILLED (that this story arc is ending). It will be used, I'm sure, on many a Thanksgiving to come. But for now, it has 5 days to sit and prepare itself for maximum daily use, while we escape to my mother's house. Oh, get this: I now have a broiler pan! (Yah, didn't have one.) I have an Oven Light! Pretty dings (instead of limp-sounding '80s beeps). A quiet fan! Okay, I'll shut up. It's just so exciting!
2 comments:
We just replaced our washer and dryer, which I think might be close to my age, with a brand new set and I know EXACTLY how you feel. Enjoy your new toy!
I, for one, am pea green with envy!
Post a Comment