Saturday, I was fully expecting a day of driving all over town, comparison shopping (one of my least favorite activities of all time), and general malaise at having to spend That Much Money.
Instead, we arrived at the first appliance store, walked in, saw it, On Closeout, for $1200 less than what I had seen online as starting prices. !!! Holy DEAL, Batman. The 19-year-old sales girl was pleasant and surprisingly knowledgable. Our stove was just sitting there, EXACTLY the model we wanted: JennAir, downdraft, slide-in, 30-inch, ceramic cooktop, black-and-stainless (which is awesome because I couldn't decide between them). Dingdingdingding! We have a winner. The end.
My family will welcome the return of actual meals on Wednesday morning between 9 and 12. Christmas comes early for me! I never knew how much I'd miss cooking. Even my harried-mother facsimile brand of cooking. :)
2 comments:
Yee haw! The things that excite us now! Congrats!
OMG! Jennair? I'm drooling!
Like G said...the things that excite us now. I *heart* appliances...I'm old.
Post a Comment