Thursday, November 30

Thursday Thirteen #3


13 Good Things that happened yesterday


1. I found something to wear that fit, and matched (sometimes hard when you haven't done laundry yet after a road trip)!

2. Even though we woke up 15 minutes late (neither of us remembered to set our alarms), we made it out the door at our normal time. Thank you, ready-made lunch items like Starkist to Go and bananas!

3. I promised myself a Non-Fat Peppermint Mocha for the commute and ....oh, sorry, got lost for a minute in that fluffy cozy memory.... mmmmm....

4. I had one scheduled conference call with a client at 2:30, and it ended by 2:50. No complications, logical progress on their project, kind people.

5. AJ saw Santa Claus at school, and for the first time, didn't cry when put into his lap! In fact...

6. AJ TALKED to Santa Claus. I know this because he told us ALL about it later, at dinner. "AJ, what did you tell Santa you want for Christmas?" I asked. "I tell him I want TAN-DY. Ayy NEWWWWW Pay-Doh! Ayyy.... Buzz, ay Woody, ay Yesse (Jesse)..." He went on and on, and was so excited about talking to "Lanta." Apparently he finished his visit with, "Bye-bye, Lanta." This conversation was without a doubt the highlight of mine and my husband's day.

7. I made a delicious dinner in the new stove -- celery/wine baked chicken breasts. I used 98% fat-free cream of celery soup and light sour cream, which achieved "delicious" yet remained not too sinful. Served it over whole wheat pasta, with a salad on the side. YUM!

8. AJ helped with the salad.

9. AJ also managed to play by himself for about 10 minutes. Can I get an AMEN!!

10. Bedtime was a breeze. (I have a friend who's having a lot of trouble with his 2-year-old at bedtime. Poor things. They're all losing sleep, and not agreeing on how to tackle it, and it just sounds very unpleasant. I'm not immune to future bedtime struggles, I'm sure -- AJ already knows how to stall for time -- but so far, we've got a system that works and I'M GRATEFUL.)

11. Despite a headache and general post-8:00 laziness, husband and I put lights on the Christmas tree. (Without any bitching!)

12. We discovered one of our 5 strings of lights is half-dead. This is good why? Because I get to go to TARGET today to replace it! Mwhahaaa-ha-ha-ha.

13. I fell asleep on DH's chest, comfy cozy in our pillow-top, perfect bed. We love our bed. :) And remembered to set an alarm for today.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. http://www.mommy-inc.com/
2. http://www.danno.org/blogs/
3. http://dibookblogetc.typepad.com/my_weblog/
4. http://westofmars.blogspot.com/
5. http://karlascrazylife.blogspot.com/ 6. http://joelysueburkhart.com/blog/
7. http://addiesramblings.com/
8. http://greggdigressions.blogspot.com/
9....
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. \Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! \ If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. \ It’s easy, and fun! \Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments:

Shannon said...

Hurray for you!

Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Awww, your AJ sounds adorable. And the Santa experience? Priceless.

My 13 are up.

Di said...

Why can't I take a lesson from your TT and be thankful for the simple things instead of obsessing about the complicated things????

Maybe today I'll try to follow your example.

Karla Porter Archer said...

"Non-Fat Peppermint Mocha" ---YUM---I got lost in that thought too...

Blessings,
Karla

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Amen to playing independently (and hopefully in another room)! That's one I struggle with (especially on days when the computer gets turned off).

Happy TT!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

What a lovely list. I feel cozy myself! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed you T13 lsit. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks for visiting mine as well :-)

Melessa Gregg said...

Amen! And Number 7 sounds delicious. Feel free to post the recipe. ;>)

Melessa Gregg said...

Oh and my 13 are up too.

Tink said...

Thanks for reminding me to see the positive and count my blessings; I needed that!

Aimee said...

OK -- Santa as "Lanta" is cracking me up because up here, LANTA is the name of our public transportation system (Lehigh And Northampton Transit Authority) All I can think of is Santa as the bus driver . . . heehee
Great List!
Happy TT!

Gina Wieboldt said...

sounds like a great day!!