Monday, February 26

Just another night on the town

We didn't go to the hockey game Saturday because why? BECAUSE ATLANTA TRAFFIC SUCKS SO MUCH ASS. (Oh excuse me, was I speaking French just there?) I swear, you leave your house in the suburbs, oh, 2 HOURS before the game starts -- on a Saturday -- and there's still a rush hour. We didn't get even close to downtown 'til 5 minutes before the puck was to drop. AND there was no parking at the Arena. Who the hell scheduled the BMX motorcross, skateboarding whatever convention this weekend? And who the hell decided it'd be a good idea to construct all of Atlanta's major event venues WITHIN 2 BLOCKS of each other??? IDIOTS. ARGH. We went to dinner instead, which was lovely. The stinking Thrashers lost the game anyway, and the restaurant, we learned, is known for its GUACAMOLE, made tableside. So clearly it was all meant to be.

(Stating the obvious:) A glass of wine also helps in these kinds of situations.It's even more fun when it's from somewhere special that you've visited before. Awww.

When we got home (early, surprise!), every DVD that AJ owns and all the corresponding cases lay on the floor of the kitchen. Evidently the babysitter let AJ do whatevertheheck he wanted while we were gone. Which is exactly what babysitters are for, I commend her performance. I really like this girl -- she's on the school's Academic Team. And she drives her own car, bumping her right to the top of my list.

I don't have a witty end to this. It was our Saturday night.

3 comments:

MaryB said...

I think your Saturday night rocked!

That is some seriously upscale Mexican!

Funny that you, me, Rich and boys, Jeff and La all out to dinner at different restaraunts and we all end up eating Mexican.

How many people could possibly want to be at the BMX convention?

nicole said...

Bummer on the hockey game, but it sounds like you made the best of it. Sometimes great Mexican food and some good wine are all you need anyway. And I'm with you on the sitter--a car makes her tops on any list.

Gina said...

A little upscale Mexican never hurt anyone! I just can't get the "locations" to come up to see if it's in my state. Those entrees look so so so awesome!

Sorry the traffic sucked, but good food always calms the nerves. Yay for a happy ending!