Wednesday, September 19

Brain dump of nothing much

I just don't have anything much to say today... so like a good little blogger, I am going to ....POST ANYWAY. Lucky for you. Let's see:

-- Yesterday I had one of those days at work where I couldn't have cared less about what I do for a living. I actually hoped that we won't get a few jobs that are out on proposal, just because I don't want to be the one to have to DEAL with them. This is, quite fundamentally, a poor business attitude. (I told a coworker last week that I need a nametag that says "Bad Attitude." Just to warn everyone.) Y'see, I'd spent the evening before with a nurse, an occupational therapist, and a mom who takes in 2 peoples' kids a couple days a week, and was thinking, now those are jobs that actually mean something AND bring a paycheck. Novel concept. Am continuing to mull this over with regards to my life, but likely won't change anything because I never do. If I weren't pregnant, this recurring mood would be blamed on PMS. Bleh.

-- We are going to Florida this weekend to visit my parents. It's going to be SUCH a short trip -- a tiring after-work ride down on Friday night (5 hours, but we gain an hour going from Eastern to Central, woo hoo), a full Saturday of shopping, swimming, and watching AJ bounce around his grandparents' house, a fun! new! venue! for exploring!, and then a quick Sunday morning and right back into the car... but still, in my mind, so worth it. I wonder if it's the maternal/pregnancy thing making me want to see my mommy and daddy. :) DH is a trooper for indulging me in this, not that he doesn't like going down there, but it's a bit of a hassle.

-- Speaking of the hero that is my Dear Husband: Last night as I was putting 2 frozen chicken breasts in the microwave to thaw, he said, "Oh, is that what's for dinner? Because I was thinking we could... maybe... go out. To break up the Monotony of the week." Isn't he great? :)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

i just love it when hubby suggests going out rather than eating my cooking-usually it involves a vast amount of hinting and planning of meals he doesn't like. (Stuffed bell peppers honey? um, no lets go out. Perfect!). And for some reason i always feel wierd suggesting that we go out. So i have to make him do it.

Have fun in Florida!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister (about the job that doesn't matter). And wanted to say, in case it makes you feel better, that getting melancholy about a routine existence could potentially help your hubby. Because the only reason I don't regularly get sad about it, I think, is because D regularly gets sad about it. So I'm the one who's always thinking, "It's not so boring -- this existence." Not to say I don't get melancholy (as you know I do, I do) -- just not about that. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was thinking last night, I sure can write some stupid things. If I ever post a comment that's annoying, please ignore!

el-e-e said...

you never do! What're you talking about? :) No worries mate!