Thursday is my mom's birthday. Yesterday was my college roommate's birthday. Tomorrow is my best-theater-friend's birthday (from back in my theater days).
Throughout my life, many of the women I've been closest to (save these two) have been Libras, and although I don't put much stock into astrology, I find that interesting.
So I wanted to ask my blog pals -- are any of you Libras? Because I think that would also be interesting.
I happen to be a Gemini, if that means anything to you. :)
-------------
I am wearing Bare Minerals makeup today. What can I say, LAURA INGALLS wears it, and if she isn't fresh-faced and PURE, I don't know what is. I actually really like the stuff. (Pregnancy hormones have been unfriendly to my face so I'm hoping this light-as-a-feather foundation will help.) I am super-lucky because my Libra mom had bought a lot of it several months ago, but decided it wasn't right for her... so this weekend she GAVE it all to me. Score! My sister, thanks to her husband, had a revelation a year or two ago, that she deserved to wear expensive makeup, darnit, not drugstore brands that cost less than $4, just for the sake of costing less. And I agree. I am WORTH the (Mom's) cash it takes to buy quality products. ;)
Question, though, for anyone who uses it -- what's the diff between 'face color' and 'blush?' Is one supposed to be bronzer? I may have to go into Ulta for a demo, although I'll feel funny about that when I say, "Thank you very much for your help, and no I don't need to buy a single thing today." Seriously, Mom hooked me up with PLENTY.
Ooh, maybe I can find a tutorial on YouTube. Gotta love the Internet!
-------------
I asked MB this yesterday in her 5-question interview, and I thought it'd be fun for all of us to share ideas: What is one meal you will prepare this week? I want to know everything, down to the side items, drinks and condiments. You don't have to write the whole recipe, but if it sounds good I might ask you for it! I'll start:
Last night our dinner was a quickie: homemade pizza (pepperoni and mozarella, plus a little sprinkle of cheddar for the sharpness), garden salad (cucumber, bagged mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and Newman's Garlic-Parm dressing). AJ had an ice-cream sandwich because he ate his ENTIRE slice, which is a rarity. Hubby and I drank tea and water, respectively, and AJ drank chocolate milk. Oh, and I made the pizza dough in the bread machine. Not very gourmet, but very satisfying and E-Z!
Now you.
Speaking of the breadmaker, I got to thinking about baking my own bread for sandwiches. To save us a whole $.49 every week, don'tcha know. If any of you smart, savvy cooks out there have a good sandwich bread recipe, white or wheat, feel free to share. I'm sure the breadmaker cookbook has one, but I thought it'd be more fun to hear yours.
11 comments:
I'm not a Libra, but now that we're past the cusp, my baby girl will be! I'm not really into astrology, but I think it's cool that we'll have one of each "element" in my family of 4.
I made a yummy meal last night, mostly from organic produce from our community-supported-agriculture membership. I sauteed onions in some butter, then added chopped okra, fresh herbs from our garden (sage, parsley, oregano), multicolor tomatoes, some kind of greens (collard?), and tofu. Jasmine rice with saffron on the side. Shmoo ate rice and plain tofu. I had an O'Doul's (two left and I'm NOT buying more), Shmoo had soy milk, and I think HPR had lingonberry juice, then whisky later.
OK, we are super-crunchy health freaks. But I ate my share of peanut butter cups yesterday, too. And mint chocolate chip ice cream just before bed.
I hope you're feeling good!
Hi!
I'm a Virgo, but my birthday is the 20th, so half the time I have Virgo traits and the other half I have Libra traits.
All us Virgo/Libras are babies made around the Christmas/New Years date. Thus there are a LOT of us. ;)
So many interesting things to discuss!
1) My twins are Geminis, which I think is AWESOME.
2) I want to try Bare Minerals, too! That is so cool that you scored some to try! Pregnancy makes my face horrible: blotchy and big-pored and kind of...loose or something. Plus: puffy.
3) I buy drugstore make-up not so much because it costs less (though, duh, Swistle and bargains), but because costing less = buying more! Plus, no salespeople.
4) We're having taco salad tonight. We cook up ground turkey and use a packet of Ortega taco meat seasoning. We put that out in a bowl, and also lettuce, shredded cheese, Fritos & Tostitos (we have different opinions about which is better for taco salad), salsa, diced tomato, and guacamole. I'll have ice water to drink and Paul will have iced tea with lemon and sugar.
I'm a Pisces. Not that anyone would ever guess that. :)
I want to try Bare Minerals, but am scared of the cost. That's awesome that you scored a ton for free!
Fun post!
We had flank steak salad last night. Mmmmm! Steak was marinated in worcestershire, soy sauce, and garlic, then grilled. Salad had lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, and crumbled blue cheese. Also rice pilaf on the side. And hubby made it all! Oh and Mark West Pinot Noir to drink.
Im an aries. And absolutely NOTHING like an aries...I kinda wish I was though.
Dinner? Last night was disaster chicken night. I bought a big (seemingly) beautiful roasting hen at the Publix, cooked it up to a gorgeous (only on the outside) golden brown, and then needed a chainsaw to cut into it. It was a TOUGH OLD BIRD...GRODY!! I was furious. But I called Publix and told them what happened and they gave me my $7.94 back. So I suppose it worked out ok. I am off chicken for a while though...
I love the bare minerals. Face color (I'm guessing you probably have warmth) is a "complexion ehancer." It goes under the mineral veil so is considered part of the "foundation." Blush, like eye colors and lip colors go on after.
We can have a chat about it - for some reason seems too long to explain in the comments section...
I'm a Libra and a perfect example. I like for everything to be perfectly balanced and on an even keel!
I actually dropped a boatload of my own cash on the Bare Minerals starter kit. I liked it okay, but it seemed to wear off by the end of the day and I ended up looking terrible. I'm not sure I got the right color for my skin, either. My friend bought some and she looks GORGEOUS and DEWEY. I just end up looking powdery. I do still wear it on the weekends, though.
For dinner tonight we're having breakfast casserole. Brown some loose sausage and put it in the bottom of a casserole dish, blend two (or three) eggs with milk adn cheese and pour over sausage. Add tater tots to the top and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Yummy.
Julie -- my favorite part is "...then whiskey later." I know whiskey is just the NAME of the drink, but it sounds so... naughty? whimsical? something fun.
Swistle -- I HEART taco salad. one of my faves. (Fritos)
Jilly! Pinot Noir! YUM. You high-living types.
Lauren -- I had no idea Publix would refund you for something you already cooked! Where have I been?? That is cool.
MQ -- b'fast casserole sounds delightful! Anything with tater tots is bound to be good, right? RIGHT.
OK, fun stuff. Yes, pregnancy killed my face. I developed a rash, so started using a hydrocortisone cream, which takes care of the rash (which seemingly will never go away so I must keep using cream) but causes acne. I hate looking at myself. I'm going to a dermatologist eventually.
Our suppers -- almost always something EASY, like salmon and rotini and snow peas/carrots. Darryl actually made what he calls Johnny Marzetti last night -- browned hamburger, tomato sauce, macaroni, cheese -- and broccoli. I pretty much celebrated for hours because he cooked.
Saving .49 a week, wow! Man, I need to look into that.
I love my bare minerals... any time I try liquid make up again, I break out. AcneFree and Bare minerals keep me clear.
Post a Comment