
It's been forever since I've done a Thursday Thirteen. Thought I'd take this opportunity to jot down a few updates for you.
I still have not received results of my second AFP test, if you can believe that. I'm choosing to remain positive about this and say "No News is Good News."update to this update! 12:45 pm: NORMAL. Normalnormalnormal. Sigh of relief, and thank you Mom, for all your prayers and petitions. :)- AJ has not had a Time Out in daycare for a week or more. However! Yesterday his teacher told me they'd had a little "issue" on the playground. I'm so embarrassed... evidently MY kid was the kid pulling down his pants and showing off his privates. ::kill me dead, seriously:: I realized later that I had dressed him in pants that are actually too big (STUPID me! I should have taken those out of his drawer months ago because usually when I put them on him, I take them right backoff in favor of clothes that FIT). The pants were falling down as he ran around outside. I don't even blame him for wanting them off, because how annoying! But still. I didn't punish him because it was really my fault, but we had a little Talk about keeping our privates to ourselves. !!
- I ordered a maternity dress in black, for my brother-in-law's wedding. It will hopefully look much more acceptable than the Demi Moore bridesmatron belly exposé.
- DH has informed me he does not like the name Justin! So that one's out. I'm okay with it.
- I made another batch of mint-chocolate-chip cookies and this time, I'm keeping them all for myself. (Last time, I shared them with the coworkers.)
- Some friends of ours got divorced in April. Last Friday, we had the guy friend over for dinner and he is doing great. In fact, he went on his first little date Saturday and reported that it went well. We are quite happy for him, as he seems to really have found himself in this whole process. Still, it's odd.
- Remember when I started displaying the Small Change banner? Yeah. Um. I have not done so well in giving to my fellow man. I think it 8 months, I've done.... 4 of the monthly challenges. I sent greeting cards to some sick kids; had a yard sale; gave money to my church; and sent a donation to St. Jude's, I think. This month, the challenge is to pay it forward -- just do something nice for a stranger. Pretty cool! I am going to try it somehow. Especially if it means I get to go to the Starbucks drive-thru. (wink)
- I've never mentioned this before so it's not really an update, but marybeth and I were discussing a girly getaway weekend for the 2 of us. I TOTALLY want to do this now. We need to do it STAT, before I'm too fat to see my feet (and our pretty pedicures that we're totally getting).
- The Georgia heat has finally dissipated, I think, and signs of fall are beginning to show. In the mornings, it's nice and cool out. One of the things AJ does, that he came up with all by himself, is to greet the trees before he goes to daycare. We go out to load up the car, and he steps onto the driveway (this morning he said, "It's lovely out-hide!") and shouts, "Goo-Moaning, Tweeeees!"
- On the topic of our new parental friends from daycare... the school has scheduled a Movie Night in October. On a Friday night, they're renting a big inflatable screen and a popcorn machine, and inviting families to bring dinner and chairs and blankets, and meet on the playground for a screening of "Happy Feet." I think it's going to be awesome, and is a fantastic idea! I can't wait to see what family we will sit next to on the lawn. :)
- On the topic of updates... my sis has not updated her blog in a while. What's with that? ;)
- I'm not getting much movement from the baby. Teensy little gas bubbles but nothing I can discern as real "kicks" yet. AJ is still leaning into my tummy and saying Hi every night, which is cute. He said yesterday he wants a sister, which is opposite of his usual request.
- I'm getting my hair cut on Saturday which will be the most needed update of all! Hooray!
19 comments:
Our problem comes when Bubba is wearing character underwear (Power Rangers are a big problem) and he wants to SHOW everyone his underwear. We had to have a similar talk about keeping private things private!!
BTW, if you knew the all the other lines in addition to the one from O Brother, then you're currently in the lead!
I LOVE feeling the baby kick inside. It's so private and it really made me feel close to my kids. Happy TT!
I can totally sympathise with #2 (so to speak) Mr. Man managed to pull his pants down and bend over, mooning the entire library staff after story time the other day. All the while "checking to see what was in his underpants" Not a good day.
And I'd love to hear your recipe for mint chocolate chip cookies...sounds great!
Oh, GIRL. I should have linked that I guess, but I linked it a thousand times last month and figured people were sick of it!
Find the cookies of my dreams here, here, and here. :)
Very interesting list! Congrats on the new baby! I'm with your husband though on the name Justin. Makes me think of Justin Timberlake and that's a huge BLECH. ;)
My TT is up, too!
Aren't sons amazing? My daughter gave her kindegarten class a speech about my penises are not called "weiners" on the playground once. Her teacher almost couldn't stop laughing to talk to her about it.
Thanks for the smiley reminder.
Cindi
When my son was three, I went to pick him up from the church nursery, and saw him sitting on the wall. When asked why, the nursery worker told me that he had pulled down his pants and peed on the church playground! I was so embarrassed!
Little boys.....you gotta love them! :)
I'd love to chime in on the embarrassing boy stories, but Im afaraid mine might get googled by some sicko was loooking for totally sicko stuff.
GETAWAY....AMEN! I am so overdue...
Oh, and Im gonna second your #11...where has she gone?
Hooray Hooray Hooray on the good news!
Excellent news on the test!
Too bad about Justin (FOR ME, THAT WAS MY FAVORITE). Can't wait to hear what you DO pick!
Yea for normal! I love the dress--super cute.
1) I'm SO GLAD about the test results! I got goosebumps!
2) Ha ha ha!
5) Yay for cookies!
7) I'm finding this month's Small Change challenge really difficult. I keep forgetting about it, and also not really knowing what I want to do.
1) Hooray for normal test results!!
2) The playground story made me laugh out loud.
3) I love your dress for the wedding!
4) Too bad DH doesn't like Justin; I thought that was a good one.
9) Adorable the way AJ greets the trees in the morning. :-)
11) I'm third. She's probably camping. Or rowing. Or playing golf. It's a good thing she had to rescue one of the computer geeks at her cousin's new place of work, and that he told me about it, or we'd never know what she's been up to.
12) I love the way AJ says hi to Baby!
What a positive read to start my day! Yay, yay for normal test results!!!
#9 made me go "aaaawwwww" out loud :D
Yay for Normal!!
It's my 10th TT, too. Welcome back.
So glad to hear your test came back normal ... Phew!
Post a Comment