Okay, she could have probably chosen a different outfit. And her performance was certainly, clearly lackluster. I don't want to excuse Britney's behavior or her other flaws over the last 2 years. But if *I* looked like that after having my 2 babies? HELL, YES, I'd strut around in a black sequined bikini. And we would be MIGHTY IMPRESSED WITH MY ABS, too.
I can't believe the words people are using to describe her: Fat. Bulging. Lard. Paunch.
If that is a 'paunch,' don't EVER send the journalists to my bathroom mirror.
Give the girl a break, I swear.
8 comments:
I amde this exact same argument to my husband and several friends. I even went so far as to give my husbad the ol' "if you think that is fat, what must you think of me..." routine. Well, he made a somewhat valid retort that if you want to go around dressed like a complete trampy slut you had btter darn well make sure you've "got it" and in his opinion she no longer does. I think the comment was the age-old reference to a horse being, well, you know the expression...
I thought the same thing. She looks pretty stinkin' good for having had two children so close in age (I have experience in that area and I have never looked like that!). I think if she had performed well there would be less criticism, but since she apparently (I haven't watched it much) was less than stellar, people were ready to critcize everything. I hope she can just get her life on track and remember she is a parent now.
I just read another article since you have piqued my interest in my subject...
I have much less sympathy for her if it is true that she blew off rehearsals to go party on the strip.(you would never show up to a performance without putting forth effort into rehearsals especially if ot was going to be your big comeback)and then blew off the hairdresser night of. Apparently she also made the last minute decision to forego the corset that was part of her costume. If you have professionals whose job it is to make you look as good as possible and you ignore them, then that is egg on your face.
I guess I have less sympthay than you for Miss Brit. She needs to grow the hell up! She has children to think about...
No, I don't have SYMPATHY for her. She's an idiot.
I'm saying, She's Not Fat.
I think she's a disaster, but I totally agree about the "fat" thing. Her clothes are too small and too tight, but that doesn't mean she's in any way fat. She's thin, and in better shape that I will ever be in IN MY LIFE, so I HATE hearing about how she's "let herself go." Oh, she doesn't look SIXTEEN anymore? VERY FEW OF US DO.
So, I guess the problem is that she refuses to change her image to fit the "new her." I agree that she is NOT fat! I'd kill to look that good. Maybe she just needs a good dose of Stacy and Clinton or Tim Gunn to help her adjust her style and image choices...mmmm, actually still have more thoughts coming to me on this. Ill stop hijacking your comments, stop being lazy, and and write my own post.
Hi...I came over to your blog from A Hole in the Fence, and thought I'd chime in!
I watched the Britney debacle the other night. It was awful, but it never even crossed my mind that she was even a smidge "fat"! It was definitely a poor choice of wardrobe (or lack thereof), but fat? C'mon.
I agree with MaryB---she needs a new image to fit the new her. She's got more than enough money to hire a stylist. You are right...she is an idiot.
I have sympathy for Brit. I've never been a fan (i.e. listened to her music), but I think it must me Incredibly Stressful to be so scrutinized all the time.
And she is NOT fat. It's sad that Hollywood is SOOOOOO judgemental. Like you said, she looks great after having 2 kids in rapid succession.
Post a Comment