Monday, September 24

Just what I needed

Blueberry pancakes and coffee.

That was this morning. What I also needed was a weekend away from our routine, and I got just that. We returned home yesterday afternoon after being at my parents' house for... let's see... approximately 35 hours. It was well worth it. Maybe the down-time of zoning out in the car was good for my brain. Maybe the change of scenery was good for my eyes. Maybe the good food was beneficial to my tummy! Maybe the retail therapy at the mall of my youth was comfort to my... um, soul. ;) Undoubtedly the extra love and kisses all around were good for my -- and AJ's -- mood. We got to see some cousins and aunts and uncles, too, and that was a good time. It's never long enough.

Last night before falling asleep, and I'm not making this up, AJ said, "Mommy? I wish I could see Grandmommy and Papa Joe EVERY DAY." Me too, bud. Me too.

3 comments:

MaryB said...

Glad to hear you are recharged.

Let's all move home :)

Madame Queen said...

Awww. That's so sweet. I'm glad you had a good time and that it was relaxing. Sometimes those fast trips can do the opposite.

Ya-Ya Ma said...

ME THREE!!!