Tuesday, November 4

Tuesday, Tuesday!

Trader Recipe is below! (sort-of lame) Broccoli-Rice Casserole.


We did all those things on my list from last weekend, and they were all great. Trick or treating was fun! AJ stayed out 2 hours or more with his Daddy, and was excited to run up to each and every house and ring the bell (if it was his turn). It was nice for us parents to have a different neighborhood to walk around in. I was bored with our neighborhood, so we went to our friends' house. They had a great party, actually -- witches' brew punch for us, plenty of cookies and candy, and a big bowl of chili for dinner. Awe.Some.

Lunch with my friend was nice! She was super sweet and I felt bad for saying something mean about her. Our haircuts: great! Except our stylist knows us too well and Talked My Ear Off. Sometimes I don't like a stylist to Talk so much. But whatever, it was fine and at least she didn't scalp me. :)

Of course I have a new to-do list now, but things are okay this week. So far. I voted, and only had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes. I'm determined to get the house clean this week, with Hubby's help. The kids are healthy and sweet.

Last night we had the most boring dinner ever!

Ham steaks (which DH really dislikes, but eats anyway)
Green beans (from a can!)
Rice with butter, and S&P

Isn't that LAME?! But it's easy, and that's what I was going for. C'mon, it was MONDAY. I tried to think of ways to jazz up the rice, but other than Ro-Tel, which is too spicy for AJ, I couldn't come up with anything. What do you do with rice?

Here's a rice recipe I want to try (because it looks easy). From All Recipes.

INGREDIENTS
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
* 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
* 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
* 1 1/2 cups cubed process American cheese

DIRECTIONS
Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Stir in rice and celery salt. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I am trying to think about what we do with rice (other than the standard beans/gumbo, etc) .. eric likes to just put soy sauce on his .. my brother loves to put creamed corn on his ....

I am glad you had a nice weekend!!

el-e-e said...

Hm, creamed corn. That's an idea. I hate creamed corn by itself -- too runny. But with rice... maybe! Thx, I'll try it!

And actually I did put soy sauce on mine, on the plate. But not on everyone else's. :)

Anonymous said...

mmmm, I used to eat rice with soy sauce all the time in college and just after. As a meal, if I remember correctly. Tas-ty!

Swistle said...

I added some basil and lemon peel the last time I made rice (when I was trying to impress my mother-in-law) and it came out nice.

MaryB said...

My mom mkae s a broccoli rice that is very very similar to this. I think she always used the mexican velveeta??? I remember liking it quite a bit.

Rice - I put soy sauce and a pinch or two of sugar - kinda tastes teryakish(sp?)...kids like it. With ham - I would stir in a bit a dried fruit and a teeny-tiny pinch of cinnamom into the water while it cooks...