Friday, July 24

7 Quick Takes Friday - with logo!


  1. I cannot even tell you how sick I am of a particular project I'm working on at the office. It's a long "training guide," and I've never written anything like that before. Even in college I managed to graduate without ever being required to submit a paper much over 10 pages long. This one, so far, is at 18. AND IT'S BORING. My first draft is due today (Friday) and I will be so happy to kiss it goodbye.

  2. After that, I am indulging. I've been invited to a single gal-pal's condo for pooltime!! I had forgotten that one of the best things about apartment/condo-living is having a pool. (Our subdivision has one, but we're too cheap to pay for membership.) Anyway, I simply can't wait. I bought a jar of fruity salsa and some chips, and we are going to lounge and swim and chit-chat and I am really looking forward to it. TODAY! In 5 hours!

  3. My husband is a dear for giving me the afternoon/evening off. Love you, honey.

  4. AJ starts Kindergarten in T-minus 3 weeks. Do you guys remember that just the other day, he was a teeny baby?? (Those are from the way-back machine, and MAN, have I been blogging a long time.)

  5. Book Club is reading Twilight for August. Yes, we caved. Yes, we're planning to watch the movie at the meeting. I am more excited than I ought to be to finally get in on all the Edward hub bub. Meanwhile, I have started reading the first Harry Potter with AJ. I can't decide if he's really old enough, but took the plunge anyway. I know he's dying to see the first movie, but I just couldn't bear it if he didn't experience the book beforehand. We only manage to read a few pages at a time, but I think he likes it so far.

  6. One of my coworkers seems to bring her kids into the office (ages 9 and 14) pretty often. I don't mind this, but I think it's odd. Have you ever done it? I mean, somewhat regularly? I know it's summer and all... maybe it's just that I've never worked with people who have that age kids before.

  7. Latest TV pleasure (sorta): Extreme Logging: Ice Loggers. I don't love the show, but am somewhat intrigued. Mostly I love the cute Canadian accents. Eh? I keep thinking a lot of those dudes look much too young to be driving such heavy, dangerous machines. (I am getting so freaking old.)

go read more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary... happy weekend!

4 comments:

nicole said...

So the Twilight movie made me laugh, it was so cheesy. I enjoyed the books though.

Wow on starting Harry Potter with AJ. I don't think my son of a similar age would have the attention span. I'm slowly gathering the books from paperbackswap.com, so my girls and I can read them together in the future (I've read them twice).

Enjoy pooltime. I can't imagine how relaxing it would be to be at a pool with no kids. Like a whole new world.

Anonymous said...

Aww, have fun at the pool!

Twilight is strangely addicting. I couldn't figure it out, because it wasn't really all that well written and yet I was sucked in. The movie was agonizingly, embarrassingly angsty in the best way possible. :) It's all fabulous to get lost in, is what I'm saying.

HARRY POTTER. Oh, my love for that series knows no bounds, and I've started to wonder over when to begin reading them to Madeline. I will watch for more updates on how it's all going with AJ. I can't WAIT to share that world with her... can't have her being a Muggle like my husband. ;)

Have a great weekend!

Madame Queen said...

I have been trying to decide whether to read HP to Bubba -- he's almost 7, but I think I've decided to wait. We've been reading some Hardy Boys books and he doesn't *quite* show the interest level I want him to devote to HP. Keep us posted on how it goes, though, and I may change my mind.

Sam said...

Beaux and I have been re-reading Harry Potter (me, just books 6 & 7, he ALL OF THEM) and we were just talking about how awesome it's going to be to share Harry Potter with Thomas. That's a few years away, for sure, but I love that he will grow up with the movies and books (books first, of course)!

As for the Twilight movie, I loved it. It made me feel all 17-in-love-again, and that's a really nice feeling. Also, I really like the soundtrack. No, I haven't bought it. :)