a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Thursday, May 19
C'mon, get happy
If, in your lifetime, you get to have a morning like I have almost every morning, you are indeed a lucky soul. My little AJ wakes up so happy! He sleeps very well through the night, for which I am also grateful. He sometimes stirs at 4 or 4:30, but not enough to wake up; just a little "Mmmuh. Muummh," to let us know he's all right. Then, when it is time to wake up, and I slowly open the door to his room, I see him through the crib slats, sitting with his blankie curled around his legs. He ducks his little head with a grin, kind-of shy and still sleepy. He rubs his eyes a bit and peers out to see if Puppy is coming in, too. Usually when he sees Puppy, the leg-kicking starts. And then he climbs up to meet me as I lean over, grab him and SMOOOSH him with kisses and hugs. He's the most cuddly after he wakes up and I just can't take it, it's so cute!! AAAAHHH!! It gets me right in the heart!! He's napping now, so I get to enjoy this very scene in about 30 minutes. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment