Friday, June 10

Big, deep breath.

When I took a yoga class several years ago, it was pointed out that most of us don't breathe deeply enough in our daily lives. That's fairly obvious in my case! What a week. I don't know why some weeks, some months, nothing really significant happens in the well of emotions that is me... and then all of a sudden, in one or 2 days I have a bucket full. But instead of letting myself remain overwhelmed, I'm just going to take life one day at a time. This is the state of things, this is "where I'm at." I'm trying to just be at peace with the inner struggle, for now. In..... Out..... (oh, I have to do it again?) In...... Out.

It's Friday. One Week 'Til Vacation. Take That, emotions!

Yesterday I thought it'd be fun to see what AJ's reaction to crayons would be. I knew in my heart what it'd be, but I thought, hey, perhaps he's a creative genius and these talents need to be exercised earlier than I think. (I was also hankering to TEACH him something -- to do something more than face my computer screen while he, behind me, played all by himself. Sob. Wait a second....... IN......OUT.)

At any rate, he reacted exactly as I knew he would, which was to attempt to eat the crayons. I did my best to show him the art of scribbling. "Look, honey!! I'm making COLORS! Isn't that neat?" I suppose we'll have to wait another few weeks or months, and try again. I bring this up only to introduce today's time-wasting Blogthing:




You are








Funny, I was just thinking about getting a tan. Happy weekend, cyber-pals. Happy weekend, Self.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I always think it's a wonder we can work at all, with all the personal stuff we have whirling in our minds. I just think it's funny how your coworkers are carefully not commenting on your ruminations about work, when we are incredibly interested.

el-e-e said...

I have thought that was quite funny, too. :) You don't have to worry that anything drastic is going to happen right away, though. It takes me forever to make decisions of this sort and magnitude.

el-e-e said...

I think we do all have our plans. ;) No one, despite what we all think, is going to stay here forever. At any rate, I'd love to talk to y'all in person but you wouldn't want to witness me getting all weepy. So thanks for just being there. Hugs all around.